Replacing my diet coke with Iced Tea

Options
Starting today I am replacing my diet coke with unsweetened iced tea. I have gotten off of diet coke before but I find that it helps me when I want something sweet. My weight loss has stalled so I want to see if there is a connection. I will miss you diet coke but not if it means I will start losing weight!!!!! Just a little background, my husband says I drink diet coke by the gallon so this should really be a challenge!

Replies

• Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Good replacement. Healthy and with antioxidents. I love Honest Tea. Stick to tea with lemon if you can or just get tea with natural sweeteners. Snapple is not a good option!
  • mrssturgeon7911
    mrssturgeon7911 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I also used too drink Diet Coke by the gallon, me and a friend would go into a restaurant that we frequent and they would have two pitchers and 2 glasses ready for us. I know the feeling! I'm down too one a day.. I don't think I could ever let go of my precious diet coke. Good luck! And keep everyone posted if it helps!
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Great choice! I love black iced tea with one packed of Stevia!
  • biged335
    biged335 Posts: 734
    Options
    I love ice tea... I still make mine sweetened, but I've cut the sugar so low that most people think it's unsweetened. Over about 2 months I gradually stepped down the sugar so I got used to it.
  • RyonsLions2
    RyonsLions2 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I have heard that the diet coke is not what causes the weight loss stall or gain, it's that it makes you crave sweets more than if you didn't drink it. I know that sounds goofy, but do you notice yourself craving and giving in to sweets??
  • SparkleLisa
    SparkleLisa Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    when I brew home tea for iced tea, I like to make it by the gallon and will brew a spiced tea in with my regular black or green tea... Twinings cinnamon apple tea tastes great and doesn't need sugar :)
  • RyonsLions2
    Options
    Dont get me wrong. Iced tea is better... and if you can do it unsweetened, more power to ya! OH, and the aspartame in diet pop is REALLY bad for you.
  • RyonsLions2
    Options
    Thanks SparkleLisa!!! I will write this down and do it too!!
  • ILuvLifehouse
    ILuvLifehouse Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I love my Coke Zero but I don't drink it much a 6pk will last me more than 2 wks. I haven't made tea in a long time but love it. I don't think diet drinks cause me to crave more it's more of a mind thing and outta boredom or simply a habit like trying to quit smoking. You may not crave it but if you're used to doing it it's a hard thing to break but I did it over 7 yrs ago and still trying to get rid of this excess weight from it.
  • lbtewksbury
    lbtewksbury Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    This has been alot easier than I thought, I think it was more of a mental thing for me, I definitely am increasing my water and I have added crystal light at home to satisfy my sweet tooth, but at work it's only water and iced tea!