Amazing Cottage Cheese Ideas!

Options
I love cottage cheese, and am looking for new ideas on different ways to eat it - any ideas?

Currently my favourite is

Cottage Cheese,
Natural yogurt,
I banana
1 apple

Chop up the apple and banana and mix altogher, amazingly good low in calories and really fulls you up.

Replies

• mariethai
    mariethai Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese, and am looking for new ideas on different ways to eat it - any ideas?

Currently my favourite is

Cottage Cheese,
    Natural yogurt,
    I banana
    1 apple

Chop up the apple and banana and mix altogher, amazingly good low in calories and really fulls you up.
  • Chamorrita
    Options
    I like mine with cut up strawberries, cantalope, and honeydew with granola and maybe a little honey drizzled on top. YUMMO!:happy:
  • kelhun1
    kelhun1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I like mine with pineapple chunks. My stepdad used to eat it with French dressing and green olives---yuck! I can't say I ever tried it, but the smell was bad enough.
  • laird20k
    laird20k Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You might not like this if you are used to eating it with fruit. But I always eat it with salt and pepper.
  • marshall153
    marshall153 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    with onion marmalade on toast :love:
  • msblondy16
    Options
    if you mix it with oatmeal in a blender and add an egg it makes super good pancakes...
  • tookieb
    Options
    Our family favorite is to mix it with green onions (and salt & pepper if you want). It is best to do this in the AM and eat it later in the day after the flavours have had time to blend. Even my kids (ages 4&2) love it. Sonetimes that is our entire lunch 1/2 a cup or more of cottege cheese and a slice of toast w/ butter. Yummy!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I eat my with triscuits pepper and olive oil. I use it like dip...feels like a real treat when others are haveing chips and sourcream dip!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I put a few tablespoons of mine in whole grain pasta with tomato sauce. . .tah-dah instant lasagna-esque filling lunch. (on the cheap!)

My other favorite is two frozen waffles, each with a few tablespoons of cottage cheese mixed with a tsp or two of all-fruit jelly.
  • Becky76
    Options
    I like mine with pineapple chunks. My stepdad used to eat it with French dressing and green olives---yuck! I can't say I ever tried it, but the smell was bad enough.

I eat mine the same way!....(French dressing....mmmmm)....I have never seen that anyone else does....awesome!....My husband always makes fun of me, now I can tell him I'm not the only one! Except instead of green olives, I use banana peppers, really good.
  • Happy4Mommy
    Options
    My family likes to eat cottage cheese with nacho cheese duritos.. Why chips i am still trying to figure out but thats them not me...
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I make my oatmeal with less water than the recipe calls for, and then mix with cottage cheese and splenda and cinnamon and sometimes some vanilla. The creamiest, most filling oats EVER.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I make my oatmeal with less water than the recipe calls for, and then mix with cottage cheese and splenda and cinnamon and sometimes some vanilla. The creamiest, most filling oats EVER.

Me too!! I add cottage cheese to my oatmeal, makes it very creamy.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I use cottage cheese in a LOT of things.

Cottage cheese + splenda + cinnamon + walnuts

Cottage cheese + yogurt (any flavor) + fruit

Oatmeal + protein powder + cottage cheese

Sweet potato + cottage cheese + cinnamon

Whole wheat pasta + marinara sauce + cottage cheese (like a lighter lasagna)

Obviously, I like my cottage cheese! :laugh:
  • dmmurray12
    Options
    cottage cheese + agave nectar or fruit (yum!)
    cottage cheese + baked potato (have not tried yet, nutritionist said to give it a try)
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    I eat my with triscuits pepper and olive oil. I use it like dip...feels like a real treat when others are haveing chips and sourcream dip!

I eat mine with triscuits too... little dab of cottage cheese on each one, then half a cherry tomato to top it.
  • natalia221
    Options
    Cottage cheese with cut up cucumber
  • mariethai
    mariethai Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'vre heard rumours about cottage cheese and peanut butter.... Anyone ever tried it?
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with Salsa over baked potato is really good.

Also, if you really want to indulge:

Cottage cheese mixed with sour cream and cream cheese makes a good filling for lasagna. ( you can do it all reduced or non-fat)
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Pretty much like everyone else has said - I like cottage cheese with pineapple, peaches, tomatoes (and spices then), put on a baked potato with some shredded cheese, add to spaghetti sauce, and Triscuits.

I've also tried cottage cheese mixed with a can of tuna - big protein punch! Feel free to spice it up however you'd like.

I also have mixed it in with oatmeal to add some protein. I use plain oatmeal cooked with water, add some fruit & small amount of honey, and the cottage cheese - the cottage cheese also helps cool down the oatmeal so I can eat it faster!