EASY Baked Tilapia

Options
EDubsMom
EDubsMom Posts: 4 Member
This recipe is from the allrecipes.com website. I love to share this one with the health-conscious! I swap olive oil for the butter, and play around with different types of frozen mixed veggies. Great Value Asparagus Stir Fry is my favorite to use. :love:

Ingredients

* 4 (4 ounce) fillets tilapia
* 2 teaspoons butter
* 1/4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning TM, or to taste
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt, or to taste
* 1 lemon, sliced
* 1 (16 ounce) package frozen cauliflower with broccoli and red pepper

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees F). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
2. Place the tilapia fillets in the bottom of the baking dish and dot with butter. Season with Old Bay seasoning and garlic salt. Top each one with a slice or two of lemon. Arrange the frozen mixed vegetables around the fish, and season lightly with salt and pepper.
3. Cover the dish and bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until vegetables are tender and fish flakes easily with a fork.

Calories: 172 | Total Fat: 3.6g | Cholesterol: 46mg

Replies

• JKBayne0502
    Options
    Thank you!! I've been looking to try some easy seafood recipes. :smile:
  • amymunn
    amymunn Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    ohhh this sounds gooood. thanks :] im gonna try it tonight maybe!
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    sounds great, been wanting to do more fish, thanks:smile:
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking you could substitute garlic powder for garlic salt (490 in sodium in a 1/4 tsp), if you are concerned about sodium.
  • My3Rayz
    My3Rayz Posts: 373
    Options
    I have a similar recipe...I spray the tilapia filets with olive oil cooking spray, sprinkle blackening season on them, sprinkle some breadcrumbs on them and a little lemon juice and bake them. Comes out so yummy!
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    That looks great! I'm so going to make this! Thanks for sharing :)
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,427 Member
    Options
    I have a similar recipe...I spray the tilapia filets with olive oil cooking spray, sprinkle blackening season on them, sprinkle some breadcrumbs on them and a little lemon juice and bake them. Comes out so yummy!

I wanna try this too!
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    YUM!!
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Bump