Running App for Android

Options
Can anyone recommend a reliable app for tracking running distances and calories that I can use on my Android phone? I've tried several but even though the wireless is on the apps miss big chunks of my run. I'm not interested in a dedicated gps tracker right now. Anyone have any favorites? Thanks.

Replies

• TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Free and a good app (my favorite): cardiotrainer. Check it out!!
  • jdgaley
    jdgaley Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Interesed in the feedback on this one too
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I don't have an Android but I use RunKeeper on the iPhone and it's great. I think Android has it.
  • shymac
    shymac Posts: 7
    Options
    bump
  • UcallMeJay
    Options
    RunKeeper is what I use. I have an HTC Incredible. Works great. Just got to give the app a few moments to pick up the GPS.
    You can program your own workouts in it and it will give you audio cues. The calories burned it gives is a rough estimate at best but I use a HRM for cals burned.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    i have a droid and have used the runkeeper app...it works nicely
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Cardiotrainer
  • jacquejl
    jacquejl Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I have the Droid Incredible and I use My Tracks. It does gps your entire route though, but it gives good stats.
  • jahnlaw
    jahnlaw Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    RunKeeper is what I use. I have an HTC Incredible. Works great. Just got to give the app a few moments to pick up the GPS.
    You can program your own workouts in it and it will give you audio cues. The calories burned it gives is a rough estimate at best but I use a HRM for cals burned.

How "rough" is the calorie estimator on the app compared to your HRM? Is it 30% off like the macines at the gym?
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Cardiotrainer on my DroidX is almost exactly what my $399 Garmin 310XT reports. :)
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I love cardio trainer its what I use :)
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Cardiotrainer is the awesomest!
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I TOTALLY agree - I use cardio trainer and its great - there is a free app out there for the Android phones and it's really good :o)
  • UcallMeJay
    Options

How "rough" is the calorie estimator on the app compared to your HRM? Is it 30% off like the macines at the gym?

Today's workout my Polar FT4 showed 692 calories burned in 54 minutes of cardio intervals. The RunKeeper app shows 551 calories burned. Not sure on the math to figure the % out.
    But looking back on my workout files it has been up to 200 calories off. But I also have the Run Keeper app set to "other" and not running, which may have something to do with the variance. Tomorrow I will try my run with the app set to Running and see what happens.
    But either way, I wouldn't rely on the app to give calories burned or equipment at the gym, that is why I got the heart rate monitor.
  • Homer3D
    Homer3D Posts: 318
    Options
    I don't have an Android but I use RunKeeper on the iPhone and it's great. I think Android has it.

I use RunKeeper as well. Works great. I found that the calories burned on the runkeeper is very close to what my HRM says.
  • DoReMiFaSoLaTiDo
    Options
    I use Endomondo on my Droid
  • Mandz1984
    Mandz1984 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I also use runkeeper, I find it great for gps in my area. Think my husband prefers MapMyRun.
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I use runkeeper and it matches distance and pace exactly to my Garmin so quit carrying around my Garmin.

Cals burned is only a calculation. Your HRM is going to more accurate compared to any website or app.

I LOVE runkeeper.
  • jmminmn
    jmminmn Posts: 28
    Options
    CardioTrainer....LOVE IT!