Doesn't Seem Right- Very Frustrated

Options
I am wondering if anyone else has this problem. A few years ago I was the same weight (if not a little bigger) and I wore a size six. Now I'm back at that weight but my size 8's are still tight :grumble:

What is wrong with my body? I don't know what my body fat percentage was back then, but I wasn't working out then at all. People tell me that I look smaller (then I was at my high weight) but I don't feel it yet. After nearly 20lbs I feel like I should be in smaller clothes now. :explode:

Does anyone else feel like this or have advice?

Replies

• danarochelle
    danarochelle Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Good job on your weight loss. You must remember that muscle weighs more than fat and that's most likely the culprit in your jeans fitting tighter than before almost at the same weight. At 5'7, 143 lbs is a really good weight! Be proud! Plus, getting older (even if it is only a few years), our bodies change A LOT sometimes, even mine is changing from 2 years ago.

Hang in there! You're doing awesome!
  • trish1960
    trish1960 Posts: 39
    Options
    It might be the manufacturers also. I can shop at 3 different stores and have 3 different size jeans.
  • JMJohnson1005
    JMJohnson1005 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    My boss and I have talked about this a couple of times and we seem to think that when you gain weight and then try to lose it your whole body changes. You may be the same weight, but the weight is proportioned differently than it was before. Keep at it and you will change sizes!
  • ColeyCannoli
    Options
    It might be the manufacturers also. I can shop at 3 different stores and have 3 different size jeans.

I know this is so true! Unfortunately I have the same jeans from before :P
  • ColeyCannoli
    Options
    Thanks everyone :flowerforyou:

As usually the answer is to keep on swimming.