Shakeology 3-day cleanse?? Try it? or forget it??

Options
Hi everyone!!
I'm wondering if anyone has done the shakeology 3 day cleanse?? I'm interested to see if you reccomend it or not?? THANKS!
Toodles

Replies

• ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    I have a few time and doing it again modifited. My main concern with it is the lack of calories. It is under 1200calories. Its does work when you stick to it. I also lost with my modifications. I say try anything at least once. It may not be for you but unless you try you won't know.
  • ddkiniry
    ddkiniry Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Shakeology is the Chalene (Turbo Jam) drink right? Beach body?
  • ashmom86
    ashmom86 Posts: 117
    Options
    Never heard of this cleanse...what is it exactly?
  • Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried it yet...but am going to the end of next week. A couple friends have done it...both are Beachbody coaches and they had success with it. So thought I would try it once and see how it goes.
  • fluffy831
    fluffy831 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I tried it and only lasted a day and a half. I couldn't choke it down after the second day. I still drink it occasionally for meal replacement (share a shake with my husband b/c one serving is A LOT!!!). I tried a sample of the green kind (I bought the big bag of chocolate) and found I liked that one better.
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend it for jumpstarting weight loss or using on a recovery/off week from a program. I typically lose 4-7 lbs when I do it and just feel so much better. It is a performance cleanse, so I don't feel like crap while I do it. You can certainly eat more protein at dinner or add another fruit serving if you need it to get your calories up to 1200.

Basically, you drink a Shake (water and ice) 3 times a day. Fruit is a midmorning snack. Dinner is a nice green salad with veggies and lean protein and a nonfat dressing.
  • Shawnalee0703
    Shawnalee0703 Posts: 1,093
    Options
    Food, natural cleanses are what I prefer... There are many raw juices you can do at home and it is healthy and FULLLLLL of natural nutrients. I don't know enough about shake ology to give my opinion but I know that I prefer cleaner less processed things. But there are people who swear by shaekology. I would just rather eat food.
  • taryn_perry
    taryn_perry Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I have done it a number of times and always had great success!!
  • crazymom4
    crazymom4 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Love it! Do it works I lost 8 lbs!! It's only 3 days I drink 3 shakes mixed with water and ice a salad with 4 ounces of chicken for dinner with 1 tbsp of oil based dressing for the 3rd day I had a shake I'n the am with 1 tbsp of pb, my lunch shake had 1 cup if strawberries, and my afternoon shake had a banana salad was the sane at dinner! I never felt hungry it's the ingredients I'n shakeology that keep u full try it you won't be disappointed I've don't it 3 times over the last year each Time losing at least 5 lbs good luck
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options

Basically, you drink a Shake (water and ice) 3 times a day. Fruit is a midmorning snack. Dinner is a nice green salad with veggies and lean protein and a nonfat dressing.
    This is basically what I will do once a month or 2 months but with a raw veggie a fruit juice made at home. Natural cleanse with a clean healthy dinner for a couple days. It feels good to just be clean and the green and red juice is full of natural energy.
  • taryn_perry
    Options
    Sorry....haha, multi-tasking and hit the wrong button!

I meant to say that I've done it a number of times and had great success. It is calorie restricting for only 3 days, but it's not nutrient restricting, which make a HUGE difference. It's definitely recommended to do it during a recovery week or a week when you aren't hitting your workouts too hard.

Here's info on it if you want to read up on it: http://bit.ly/3DayCleanse

Or send me a PM here and happy to answer questions! Good luck with what you decide.
  • yalisa0424
    yalisa0424 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I did it about 2 months ago. First of all, it is not a cleanse to lose weight. It is supposed to rid your body of the toxins and junk in your system. This way, your body can absorb all of the nutrients and vitamins you put in it.
    It is a bit low on the calorie side (about 900 or so a day). I was struggling the first night but the 2nd and 3rd day were easier. I lost a total of 3 lbs. I thought I would gain it all back once I began to eat normal again, but I didn't. I have been taking Shakeology now for 2 months and love it. Good luck to you.
  • ShelbyLB
    ShelbyLB Posts: 431
    Options
    Awesome..thanks for the info everyone!!! I've been doing my research and it definitely looks like something I should try in the near future!!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    it is most definitely cleaner than A LOT of other "cleansing" mixes....
  • brandywine100
    brandywine100 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Does the weight stay off when you are not on it but still eating healthy?
  • taryn_perry
    Options
    Does the weight stay off when you are not on it but still eating healthy?

If you bring CLEAN foods back into your diet, you can certainly keep the weight off. But like a comment above, it's not a sole option to shed weight, it's just an option to detoxify your body of all the build up and junk that accumulates for eating some of the crappy food we do.

Check out the link I posted above, as it gives you an idea of the menu and what to do afterwards. Hope this helps.
  • XoCynthiaXo
    XoCynthiaXo Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I deff wanna try this, i.read some greatt reviews. Just still a little confused on how to do it, where to buy it from and is it pricey??
  • crazymom4
    crazymom4 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    You buy It from beachbody, if you have a coach most will hive you a sample for free because we all believ I'n it it's an amazing product:) it's about 100 a bag but before you think Omg!! Remember it's a meal replacement so it works out to be about 4$ you can't get a wholesome nutritious meal for 4$!!! There Are 30 servings to a bag I suggest try chocolate first I know alot of people prefer that to the greenberry!!!