Tattoo's

Options
jlprovost
jlprovost Posts: 109 Member
I decided to make a new goal for myself. When I reach 120lbs I plan on getting a tattoo I have wanted for a few years now.

My only problem is where to put it. I already have a tattoo on my foot and I graduate next year so I need it to be easily covered in order to appear professional. I've been contemplating my side but worry that someday I'll regret that placement.

What kind of tattoo's does everyone else have?

and any suggestions on where I should put my new one?

Replies

• lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    i like side tattoos...my rib piece is my favorite and i havent regret mine yet :)
  • angelarozmyn
    Options
    I have one on my foot as well! And one on my shoulder blade...very easy to hide, even with short/no sleeve shirts :)
  • xerinx2011
    xerinx2011 Posts: 222
    Options
    I have a few already- ankle, back of neck, shoulder, insides of both wrists and outsides of both wrists. Ive just booked my next one which is a full side one. It starts on my foot and finishes near my underarm (maybe higher not sure yet) its obviously going to be done in sections, probably one a month for 6 months or something as its costing a fortune!! My opinion is that i can wear trousers to cover it (or skirts/dresses to show it off) and no one sees my side unless i want them too!!
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I have 7 tats, but the best placed one I have is a celestial sun on my right shoulder blade, Can easily be covered up, for work purposes, but when out with friends and wearing a tank top, everyone can see it :0)
  • DCskat3r4lfe
    DCskat3r4lfe Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    if you got some kind of star pattern from your "bra line" down to your hips.. it would def look very sexy imo. A girl that already looks very beautiful with that is like chocolate melting in your mouth lol.

look it up on google and you'll see what i mean. :)

easy covered and very sexy when uncovered :)
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    LOL. I have a "tramp stamp", one on my left hip and one on the upper back between my shoulder blades. Actually, the one between my shoulder blades is my favorite..both in design and in placement. I got it last year after I had to have my hip replaced for the second time in 15 months. It was my reward for putting up with all that ****.
  • VialOfDreams
    Options
    I decided to make a new goal for myself. When I reach 120lbs I plan on getting a tattoo I have wanted for a few years now.

My only problem is where to put it. I already have a tattoo on my foot and I graduate next year so I need it to be easily covered in order to appear professional. I've been contemplating my side but worry that someday I'll regret that placement.

What kind of tattoo's does everyone else have?

and any suggestions on where I should put my new one?

Wow! Ha! I JUST said something very similar on my status. I will have mine somewhere on my back to symbolize the fact that the 100 lbs dropped are behind me. Not sure what I want to have, but it will definitely have "100" in it.
  • kimd1974
    kimd1974 Posts: 113
    Options
    I have a flower on my ankle that I'm having removed. The removal process hurts 10 times more than the tattoo and is also 10 times more expensive. I love tattoo's and I wish I would have waited until I was older and gotten something with meaning.
  • jacobschwarz
    jacobschwarz Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Don't get one at all.
  • Vtrembacki
    Vtrembacki Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    mine are inside my ankle and on my hip. might regret it when I'm pregnant, but havent yet!
  • TTops76
    TTops76 Posts: 116
    Options
    11 for me, but my favs are inside of my upper arm, back of neck, and outside ribcage
  • HeatherMarie1174
    Options
    I have 4 ... both shoulders, back of neck and ankle. I don't regret any of them or their placement. They are fairly easy to hide ... my next one is going to be a half sleeve. I will have to watch what I wear to work, but it's usually cold in my office, so cardigans will work just fine!

What are you getting???
  • nurse_chris
    nurse_chris Posts: 189
    Options
    congrats on the goal. My next tattoo is one of my goals for weight/bf loss :) Currently i am a nursing student but i have a biomech sleeve on my right arm, a design from my first snowboard on my left wrist my shoulders have a celtic design and i have a crow on my lower back. I also have my left bicep branded. I totally understand what you mean about having tatts easily covered, but my arms were done before i decided to go back to school : /

My next tatt will probably be my chest, as it will be covered by my scrubs when i eventually start working as an RN. Your idea of having it on your side seems like a good idea, and it will motivate you later in life to keep it its original shape :)

Good luck and let us know what you decide

Chris

PS: what area are you planning on working in?
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    You can see all mine in my profile pics.....I am kinda to the point of no return, if I had to get another job than the laid back one I have now....well.....I guess they will have to like tats!
  • Caite_S
    Caite_S Posts: 42
    Options
    I have two tattoos. One on the top of my right foot and one on the side of my left foot. I'm a teacher, so I had to make sure that I could easily cover them up. If I were to get another one..which I might someday I would probably go either on my side or the middle of my upper back.
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you are planning to get. I personally have one on the top of my foot (it takes up my whole foot), my ankle, and on my back (top right). Your back is probably the best bet if you want to hide it during certain events.
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I have 4 tats....1 nautical star on each shoulder.....butterfly on my shoulder blade.....stars across my lower back
  • lhuber1105
    lhuber1105 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My husband just treated me to a new tattoo to celebrate my weight loss and I got it on my shoulder blade, two tribal daisies with my kids intials---I absolutely love it there. Haven't been thru the summer yet to see if it shows much but I would believe as long as not wearing tanks or camis to work you should be able to hide it well. Watch any lower back or stomach tattoos--have known many women who have regreted them there after having kids---some peoples skin stretches there with pregnancy. I also have one on my ankle and love it too. Good luck in your decision!
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to get one on my shoulder blade when I reach one of my goals. I figure it will be easy enough to show it off or hide it if I place it right.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Ribs or shoulder blade.

ribs look great as long as you stay lean.