Veal Cutlet

Options
My husband has been on bored with low calorie and trying different foods, but for a change
he wants to make veal, which I have never made before and not sure even if I like it but
I am willing to try it.

I was wondering if anyone had a low calorie recipe on how to make breaded veal cutlet.

I saw that Larry O homade breaded veal comes up as an option on this site for reporting
foods but I don't know how to find the recipe,

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Replies

• jdr03272
    jdr03272 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Let me first say that Veal is amazing. I am a huge veal conosoir and will eat it with green eggs and ham if I had to. That said, breaded anything is going to have ALOT of calories. When you bread something, you are looking at calories from the meat, flour that you dredge it in, then egg wash that you swish it through, then the final breading (panko probably best bet for calories)...after all that, now you have to fry it in oil (baking isn't going to come out). So for a friend chicken cutlet, you are looking at a solid 500kcal per cutlet (and noone eats one). Now you add a little pasta side and some sunday sauce and you are in trouble if you're worried about calories. Best bet is to use breaded cutlets (chicken, veal, or tilapia) for special treat meals after you've made good progress and have done ALOT of cardio that day...