Are you getting annoyed?? Or are you up for playing the "SMI

Options
HAPPY FRIDAY BEAUTIFUL FRIENDS!!! :)

Call me silly, call me ca-razy...call me what you want....but I've decided that one of my GOALS in my life is to be known as the HAPPY SMILEY UPBEAT person that I am! :)

We've all come across those people out there, lets call them 'grumpy guses'...who just look like they are MISERABLE, CRABBY, AND GENERALLY UNHAPPY.....now, ask yourself... 'did I look like a grumpy gus today?' if the answer is YES...then KNOCK IT OFF!! ;)

No matter what you are going through in your life, no matter what struggles, pains, burdens you have...ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS remember that someone out there has it a little bit worse off than you do.

STOP wasting time being unhappy...STOP complaining (because really, no one wants to hear it)...STOP being the 'grumpy gus' in other people's lives.....

We can't change days that have passed us by...but we CAN change our tomorrows.....SO PUT A SMILE on your beautiful litle faces, and get on out there and strut your stuff!! :)

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!
TOODLES!:happy:

Replies

• MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    SMILING RIGHT THERE WITH YA GIRLIE!!!!

YEAH!
  • thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I just decided that I LOVE YOU! I dislike seeing Grumpy Gusses, and I am for sure one of the annoying people that always has a smile for everyone I pass! :smile:
  • jscimeca
    jscimeca Posts: 66
    Options
    I LOVE this post!!! I am feeling very HAPPY today and grateful for all that I have. I don't like running into grouchy people because it can sometimes put a damper on my day. I refuse to be a grouchy person that other people will want to avoid!!!!:happy:
  • amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Can you show this to my husband? lol
  • ahanson6
    ahanson6 Posts: 102
    Options
    Well put! I love this post. I think that if more people did this the world would be such a nicer place!
  • kshaw09
    kshaw09 Posts: 48
    Options
    Great post I agree, I love being a happy person, every time I start to feel a little down I just think about all the great things in my life. There is nothing worse then having to deal with grumpy people thoughout the day.
    being happy and smiling can solve more then people think
  • ColeyCannoli
    Options
    See, I'm a very cheerful person but I realize that things like depression, anxiety and other emotional issues exist. I'm not going to judge someone for being honest about not feeling well. Some people can't "get over it" because they have serious psychological issues.

I'm glad you are happy and I support your exciting, bubbly spirit but maybe you could try making people happy by being open and friendly and not steamrolling over other people's lives by dismissing all their problems as trivial.

(Sorry, I know this is a tad uncalled for but my brother's best friend committed suicide recentally and this just strikes me as very insensitive)
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Love it!!
  • kevanos
    kevanos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    All those ideas are great, but that is exactly what you should not say to a depressed person.

It is a good mantra to live by tho.
  • ShelbyLB
    ShelbyLB Posts: 431
    Options
    Well I was in NO way trying to be 'insensitive' santacolia. I TOO know someone who committed suicide...and I MYSELF suffer from seasonal depression....I am not HAPPY and BUBBLY all the time...

Obviously my post wasn't directed to those people who have "serious psychological issues", but rather those people who complain about the SMALL things in life on a daily basis....and was, at the most, just a FUN upbeat post.

I guess next time I will spell it out a little bit clearer, so you don't get the impression I am being insensitive.
    Happy Friday!! :)
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Thank you you have brought a smile to my face today along with my MFP friends
  • jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    See, I'm a very cheerful person but I realize that things like depression, anxiety and other emotional issues exist. I'm not going to judge someone for being honest about not feeling well. Some people can't "get over it" because they have serious psychological issues.

I'm glad you are happy and I support your exciting, bubbly spirit but maybe you could try making people happy by being open and friendly and not steamrolling over other people's lives by dismissing all their problems as trivial.

(Sorry, I know this is a tad uncalled for but my brother's best friend committed suicide recentally and this just strikes me as very insensitive)

Um...If more people thought like her they could 'just get over it'. What is she supposed to say?? Be happy unless your life sucks?? WHATEVER
  • ashmom86
    ashmom86 Posts: 117
    Options
    Shelby. Your upbeat spirit always brings a smile to my face..hence the reason you are my MFP friend!! Lol. I wish I had more people like you in my life every day!!!! Keep up the SMILES!!!!:bigsmile:
  • annasgyal
    annasgyal Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options
    This post made me stop what I was doing to work, and really, really think long and hard! I thank you for this post, for it certainly has helped me to put some things into perspective.
  • ShelbyLB
    Options
    This post made me stop what I was doing to work, and really, really think long and hard! I thank you for this post, for it certainly has helped me to put some things into perspective.

You are so welcome! :) Sometimes its nice to have things put into perspective! :) Thanks for making ME smile!! Happy Friday!
  • ShelbyLB
    Options
    Shelby. Your upbeat spirit always brings a smile to my face..hence the reason you are my MFP friend!! Lol. I wish I had more people like you in my life every day!!!! Keep up the SMILES!!!!:bigsmile:
    Thanks girl!! I hope your day is fantastic!! :)