Worst day EVER!!!

Options
Need to let it all out!

As most of my MFP friends will know today has been awful for me. I am coming to the end of my TOM which is fantastic but this time has by far been the worst ever. As many ladies know that this time is stressful as it is and when you are trying to control what you are eating it is even worse. I have eaten 2277 calories today and my goal is 1200 and I know I shouldn't blame it on my period but this hasn't helped.... plus i can't exercise because I have hurt my leg running.
In the past I have had problems with my eating habits and they have mostly been unhealthy: I either eat too much or too little. My mum has had eating disorders, I no longer live with her but for as long as I can remember I used to copy her eating habits because I wanted to be 'model skinny'.... but I decided on April 4th that I need to change my ways and lose 31lbs the healthy way. I am 151lbs and that would make me 120lbs which would be perfect for me because i am only short so would still be healthy.

You should have seen me binging on cake, toast, chocolate and crisps... I looked like a woman from the amazon who hadn't eaten for days, I shoveled it down within seconds and it wasn't attractive. I ate really well this morning but feel so so so guilty now but......

I really need to put today behind me and start a fresh tomorrow.

Sorry.

Replies

• jemahn
    jemahn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    We all have those days, don't let it derail your progress. Handle yourself with some grace. <3
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    It will be okay. When you have a bad day, don't look at it like you've wrecked everything. You've just hit a bump in the road. Try to eat healthy for the rest of the day and start fresh tomorrow. It happens to all of us once in a while. Good luck to you honey!
  • krings
    krings Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Don't wait until tomorrow to put it behind you. Do it right now!!! If you wait until tomorrow you may continue to binge. At least that's what I do. My mind says - "well, you've already blown it today so go ahead and eat what you want and start again tomorrow". Eat a light, healthy dinner and congratulate yourself for stopping your problem in it's tracks:-)
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    YOU JUST MOVE ON, EVERYONE HAS BACKSLIDES. IN LIFE, BELIEVE ME, THIS WON'T BE YOUR WORST DAY EVER, GOOD LUCK.
  • KDemon
    KDemon Posts: 18
    Options
    Somebody brought donuts int the office today and I have been beating myself up for eating just one. My heart goes out to you as I understand lack of control issues. However, you are here with a group of people who have all had issues of one kind or another with food. We all have bad days and must just accept that and know that we can be better.

I wish you all he best on your journey and hope that this one set back wont derail the positive choice you made by joining mfp.

Karin
  • jljc_2010
    jljc_2010 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hey Sunshine! So you derailed for a day....it's all good...His mercies are new every morning!
    Start over tomorrow and you will do great!
    I have the greatest of faith in you!
  • Genie30
    Genie30 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel :-) All I can say is that today, you may have lost the battle but you certainly haven't lost the war. Don't give up and you will win.

Try to think of possible triggers (did you get too hungry? did something upset you/ were you feeling sad or board?) and try to think of ways you can cope with those emotions next time they happen.

Gxxx
  • Iceskatefanrn
    Iceskatefanrn Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Can I ask you a question?

If you were getting eggs out of the fridge, and you dropped one egg, would you just give up at that moment and throw ALL THE EGGS on the floor in frustration? Might as well, right? I mean, you already dropped one, might as well slam the rest to the floor and smash 'em all! You can always buy new eggs tomorrow.

Of course you would NOT do this... so why are you going to get your "fresh start TOMORROW"??? Honey, get your fresh start RIGHT NOW!

YES, you are right, you must put it behind you, but you CAN STILL SALVAGE TODAY... drink a glass of water, and then drink ANOTHER ONE when that one's done. Is there any way at all you can get some movement in today? Even something crazy that you make up, like "sitting Jacks" - move your arms in Jumping Jacks without the jumping. Or go grab a gallon of milk and do 10 reps of bicep curls with each arm! Something, anything, to move your body and burn some calories. Then for your food for the rest of today, just keep it light! Fresh veggies, fruit, lean protein - light light light!

I want to say one other thing - YOU ARE WORTH THIS - YOU ARE WORTH THE EFFORT TO TURN THIS AROUND! Tomorrow is a new day, and yep, a new start, but why not "kick start" that new day RIGHT NOW!

Keep your chin up hon!

:drinker:

Ice
  • gdphilippe
    gdphilippe Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This is just one day out of 365 days. I know the exact feeling you're talking about bc I go through the same time during my TOM (it took me a while to figure out what that meant--cute!) It's a fleeting high, though. Bc you are chasing the next food high soon after.

Try and distract yourself with something else. This feeling will soon pass. :smile:
  • jdr03272
    jdr03272 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    First of all, 152lbs really is not bad at all (how tall are you?) so try not to blow it out of proportion, even if you had a terrible day. Actually, depending on your height, that may even be a very acceptable weight (what is "short"). As far as exercise goes, depending on how bad you hurt your leg running, you may find that you can still swim (pool access?), or even just walk outside for an hour or so. Before you jump back into running, maybe try some eliptical first so you can still burn some cals but would be easier on your leg. Biggest thing is to just not get yourself down and realize that you are going to have good days and bad days. I mean the other night I ate a giant Rueben and some wings and drinks, but I made up for it through the week with more diet control and exercise, and my net progress has still been excellent. You'll be ok :)
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Don't say sorry to us. We're here to support you, not be your mom! ;) It's great that you realize the reasons behind your binging and want to improve! Everyone has bad days. Just start fresh tomorrow :)
  • DaniiDean
    DaniiDean Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I am going to sleep soon it's nearly the end of the day here for me.
    Thank you for all your lovely comments feels good to get it off my chest.
    Just horrible when you do it- I was a crazy woman you should have seen me AWFUL!

Going to have a bubble bath and settle down for the night.
  • iitsolivia
    Options
    I have days like this too!! But hey, you recognized that it was bad. Write down how bad you feel, and next time you'll see how eating things you crave negatively affects your mood. Next time you have an amazing day or an awesome workout, write THAT down, and see the huge difference. Tomorrow is a new day, start fresh and kick butt! But for now, drink a biiiiig glass of water, its a quick fix for feeling yucky!
  • strapple
    strapple Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    everybody has those days ;{

believe me

last week i was so upset with my fiance in vegas that i went to a buffet alone and ate like i was a 40 year old man in arkansas
    it was ridiculous how much i was shoveling in

the best thing to do is just remember how badly you want to be healthy so next time you reconsider before a huge binge
    or just excersise your *kitten* off later that day ;}
  • Iceskatefanrn
    Iceskatefanrn Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with Hall Alli - no need to say Sorry to us.

Hey, you could have turned this into a "rest of the weekend, restart on Monday" binge... BUT YOU DIDN'T, you smart girl you!

You came here for support and guidance instead, and look at all the friends that have come out of the woodwork to help you get back on the right track!

Next week you'll be posting sometihng that will INSPIRE others, how you kicked this binge back to the curb!!!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    The important thing is that you know what you have done, so you don't have to repeat it tomorrow!

What do you find distracting? A walk? A book? A visit to a museum? Whatever it is, treat yourself to a distraction!
  • jamielr84
    jamielr84 Posts: 545
    Options
    I did the same thing about 3 days ago. But I have ate healthy since then and no longer feel guilty about it. Dust yourself off and move forward. Don't let one day control all your days.
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Can I ask you a question?

If you were getting eggs out of the fridge, and you dropped one egg, would you just give up at that moment and throw ALL THE EGGS on the floor in frustration? Might as well, right? I mean, you already dropped one, might as well slam the rest to the floor and smash 'em all! You can always buy new eggs tomorrow.

Of course you would NOT do this... so why are you going to get your "fresh start TOMORROW"??? Honey, get your fresh start RIGHT NOW!

YES, you are right, you must put it behind you, but you CAN STILL SALVAGE TODAY... drink a glass of water, and then drink ANOTHER ONE when that one's done. Is there any way at all you can get some movement in today? Even something crazy that you make up, like "sitting Jacks" - move your arms in Jumping Jacks without the jumping. Or go grab a gallon of milk and do 10 reps of bicep curls with each arm! Something, anything, to move your body and burn some calories. Then for your food for the rest of today, just keep it light! Fresh veggies, fruit, lean protein - light light light!

I want to say one other thing - YOU ARE WORTH THIS - YOU ARE WORTH THE EFFORT TO TURN THIS AROUND! Tomorrow is a new day, and yep, a new start, but why not "kick start" that new day RIGHT NOW!

Keep your chin up hon!

:drinker:

Ice

I love this quote!!! So right!! I used to be the same way, oh well, I messed up the entire day, now its a complete BINGE FEST. That is how I gained a ton of weight and quit every diet/eating change I ever tried. You know what you did wasn't healthy, you posted it on the community site, I hope you log it into your diary. You need to be reminded of what your day was like, so you can make sure you prepare next month. Right now just eat healthy for the rest of the day, and continue the healthy path tomorrow. We all have a day where we aren't proud of what we ate, but you are strong, and can move along! Good luck!
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    It's ONE day out of 365.......and MORE. We all have those kinds of days.

Look at the big picture though, and realize that it's just a dent in your overall efforts and progress. You're human, not a machine that is pre-programmed to take in EXACTLY 1200 calories per day. We have things happen, and emotions do take control sometimes.

Move on, be happy, and take control now. Tomorrow is a new day :-). But do start today.... I like the egg theory Iceskatefanrn posted :-D
  • ChunTingO
    ChunTingO Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Its okay! One day! just one day of this. Pick yourself up and start again the next day. Never give up never stop even if you fell that one time. we are all here for you!