Tattoo's

Options

Replies

• jlprovost
    jlprovost Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am planning on getting a quote that has a lot of personal meaning to me it is, "I have loved the stars too fondly to ever be fearful of the night." -- Gaileo

I worry cause it's a lot of words, but the artist I go to is one of the best in Minnesota so he should have some good placement ideas as well.

And to Nurse_Chris... I plan on working in the NICU and PICU, at least thats where I would love to end up as of now. Best thing about nursing is you can move around and get experience anywhere.
  • Lisalooby
    Options
    Hi, I have mine on inside of wrist. I cover it with cardies or big bracelets!
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I don't regret any of my tattoos at all. That being said I work in a professional office and have to wear long sleeves every day to cover up my tattoos. It doesn't bother me but it's definitely something to think about. I have tattoos behind both of my ears and love that they are small and easy to hide or show.
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I have seven but they are in places you can not see unless I show you. One over my left breast, one on the base of my neck, one on my shoulder, one in the middle of my back and another in the small of my back. The other two are on each of my calves. I want to get one more but have not decided on a spot yet.
  • missy5978
    missy5978 Posts: 19
    Options
    I love tattoos! Once I got one, I was itching for more! My first one was tribal angel wings on my right forearm in memory of my grandmother who passed away in '06. I'm actually getting two more in the first week of May for my birthday. They will be my boys' names on the inside of my wrists. Pretty basic, but I want to dress it up with a cool, curly font. I'm excited!
  • WWE_chick
    WWE_chick Posts: 86
    Options
    I currently have 3 tattoos.

'Breathe' on my left wrist.........I figure on interviews I can easily put a watch or bracelet over it.
    I have a dragonfly w/ a saying in Spanish that my grandma use to say before bed in memory of her on my calf.
    My newest is the Japanese symbol for 'strength' behind my left ear.

I plan on getting more, a reward for losing weight is getting one on my stomach, I also like side tattoos. I think as long as whatever you get has some kind of importance to you then you won't regret it.
  • BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    You can look at my pic and get an idea of mine. When I reach my goal I'm getting my heaviest weight tattooed on my chest so I'll see it everyday and remember....
  • missy5978
    Options
    BamBam, that's a great idea for a tattoo! :)
  • zebraroonie
    Options
    I have 7...one on each wrist in the inside, one on the back of the neck, one on the right shoulder blade, one on the top of the foot, one on the opposite ankle, and a tramp stamp. I don't think any of mine are very noticiable and they can all be covered. good luck! I love them all!! Back of my neck and wrists are my faves!
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    Side tattoos are absolutely sexy as can be....just saying
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I am planning on getting a quote that has a lot of personal meaning to me it is, "I have loved the stars too fondly to ever be fearful of the night." -- Gaileo

I worry cause it's a lot of words, but the artist I go to is one of the best in Minnesota so he should have some good placement ideas as well.

And to Nurse_Chris... I plan on working in the NICU and PICU, at least thats where I would love to end up as of now. Best thing about nursing is you can move around and get experience anywhere.

I think for a quote that long, lower back would be nice...also make sure he doesn't make a mistake while drawing it, i've seen a couple of tattoos with spelling mistakes..horrible.

I have two tattoos, one tribal rose (in color) on my left ankle and one eye of horus on my right shoulder blade, looking at 2 other tattoos, still don't know where to put them.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    For all you tatoo lovers. I once spent most of a day looking over this site. Caution: Funny!!
    http://ugliesttattoos.failblog.org/
  • jlprovost
    jlprovost Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    For all you tatoo lovers. I once spent most of a day looking over this site. Caution: Funny!!
    http://ugliesttattoos.failblog.org/

hahahahaha sometimes I wonder about people.
  • WWE_chick
    Options

I think for a quote that long, lower back would be nice...also make sure he doesn't make a mistake while drawing it, i've seen a couple of tattoos with spelling mistakes..horrible.

I have two tattoos, one tribal rose (in color) on my left ankle and one eye of horus on my right shoulder blade, looking at 2 other tattoos, still don't know where to put them.

That worries me about them not spelling correctly. Before i got my first tattooed I emailed a few shops and 1 guy wrote back and had soooo many misspelled words I didn't even bother. Obviously I would've told him how to spell what I wanted but I didn't want to chance it
  • louwho36
    louwho36 Posts: 53
    Options
    I have five and don't regret any of them. As a matter of fact I am in the process of getting another one. All of mine are easily covered. I have 1 on the inside of my ankle, my chest, my shoulder blade, the back of my neck and my thigh. They can be shown off if I want to or hidden for work.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I just have one on my back check it out if you want. Its easily covered by my uniform-but would def show if I had to wear anything backles like a dress or bathing suit.
  • ejohndrow
    Options
    As a side story: my mom informed me that only sleazy people like sailors, bikers and hookers got tattoos. Awesome. Thanks mom!
  • WWE_chick
    Options
    As a side story: my mom informed me that only sleazy people like sailors, bikers and hookers got tattoos. Awesome. Thanks mom!

lol that is what my grandma (RIP) use to say about tattoos and piercings too........one time I visited and had a hoop nose ring and she kept trying to take it out. Hopefully she wouldn't hate me for it but my 1st tattoo was in memory of her.
  • ejohndrow
    Options
    I`m sure she would have loved it. Even my mother, after telling me I was sleazy, had to admit to the sheer awesomeness of my tattoo.
  • missy5978
    Options
    lol that is what my grandma (RIP) use to say about tattoos and piercings too........one time I visited and had a hoop nose ring and she kept trying to take it out. Hopefully she wouldn't hate me for it but my 1st tattoo was in memory of her.
    [/quote]

Same here. My grandmother hated tattoos, etc, but my first was also in memory of her. :)