Need Good Salmon Filet Recipe

Options
I don't make Salmon often but need a good recipe that of course is healthy... let me know your idea's from something intense to just putting a glaze on it...

Thanks

Replies

• WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Swiss cheese, cayenne pepper and onions, then toss it in the oven, it's my favorite way to eat it, or I like to toss it on the grill and add just pepper and some fresh lemon, mmmmm!:bigsmile:
  • sharoniballoni
    sharoniballoni Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I don't have a lot of time to cook. I found this super easy recipe that I use all the time now.

-tsp minced garlic
    -tbsp dijon mustard
    -2 tbsp lemon juice

This mixture is enough to cover almost a pound of salmon. It's delicious. Just put it on top of the salmon and stick the salmon in a 400 degree oven for 25 minutes. Voila!
  • hyper_stitch
    hyper_stitch Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm having this for dinner tonight! I just mix lime juice, dark soy, a dash of olive oil, crushed garlic, cayenne pepper, black pepper and sea salt ..... pop in the fridge for a few hours then bake. I usually just eat with a side salad mmmmmmm dinner time!
  • blakeym
    blakeym Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    If I have time and the calories to spare its a brown sugar & mustard glaze for sure. Other than that it's salt & pepper with a bit of blackening seasoning.
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    From clean eating magazine. Its really yummy!

•4 6-oz wild-caught salmon fillets
    •1 tbsp honey
    •2 tbsp Dijon mustard

place salmon fillets on a baking sheet lined with foil and coated with cooking spray. Season salmon with salt and pepper, to taste. Bake for 12 minutes.
    4.In a small bowl, stir together honey and mustard. When salmon is ready, remove fillets from oven and coat thoroughly with honey-mustard glaze. Return to oven and bake 10 to 15 minutes more or until cooked through.

Or else, did you ever hear of Grill mates? They make these packets of spices that you mix with oil/water/vinegar. They make one called baja citrus marinade. Its fantastic on salmon! I put the marinade on and then bake it in the oven.

http://www.mccormick.com/Products/GrillMates/Marinades/Grill-Mates-Baja-Citrus-Marinade.aspx
  • gfset
    gfset Posts: 1
    Options
    italian seasoning and lemon juice with a little olive oil. Bake for about 40 min
  • MoonlightMerlot
    MoonlightMerlot Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My friend taught me this:

Place a few handfuls of green beans or sliced zucchini on a large square of foil. (You can add a sprinkle of slivered almonds or pecan pieces, too.) Drizzle with olive oil and a dash of salt and pepper. Place a salmon fillet on top and smear with a bit of pesto (I love sundried tomato). Seal the foil pouch and bake for 20 minutes at 350F. Voila!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Adds some sugar and salt, but it is really good baked with maple syrup/ soy sauce/ garlic.
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I make salmon often and love it. My favorite way is to pour about 1/2 tsp of olive oil on top an move across the fish using the back of the spoon. Sprinke with dill to taste, a small amount of garlic salt, and a small amount of cinnamon/sugar mix. Yes, you get a few calories from the sugar and olive oil, but so tasty. I bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, or grill it outside (when it's not snowing in Ohio) until the white fat starts to bubble up.
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    These are great ideas, cause I am always looking for more options.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    My friend taught me this:

Place a few handfuls of green beans or sliced zucchini on a large square of foil. (You can add a sprinkle of slivered almonds or pecan pieces, too.) Drizzle with olive oil and a dash of salt and pepper. Place a salmon fillet on top and smear with a bit of pesto (I love sundried tomato). Seal the foil pouch and bake for 20 minutes at 350F. Voila!

i love pesto on salmon! so tasty!
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    I have been making this one once a week now for a month. Hubby LOVES it and company did too.

I use frozen salmon fillets (can use fresh)

line cookie sheet with tin foil and lightly spray with cooking spray
    place fillets on foil
    scoop a table spoon of Dijon Mustard on each fillet and spred evently on the top.
    coat the top of the mustard with Panko Bread Crumbs.
    sprinkle the top with a little bit of melted butter (I use salt free Becel. About a tsp on each fish)
    cook in oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.

This is full of flavor!! I even had it tonight :)
    Calories are very low.