PS3 EA Sports Fitness

Options
Sooo.... We have the PS3 Move. I wanted to purchase that version of what Wii has for Fitness. Does anyone have it and know if it's worth the money, and if they see that it helps?

Thought I'd ask around before I spend the cash.

Thanks! :smile:

Replies

• hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Yes. It's really cool. I have heard good things about the dancing games for XBOX Knect as well.
  • wwright8835
    wwright8835 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have ea sports active 2 for the wii and it is great, It can take a little getting used to but I love it. Works great when the weather is crappy and if you dont have a gym membership.

I lost my first 35 lbs doing nothing but eating healthier and doing ea sports active 2 and it only took about 5 weeks to loose that amount.
  • kristiek7
    kristiek7 Posts: 198
    Options
    yeah we have the move and sports active..........very cool and fun! My son (8) enjoys it too........there's a 9 week fitness program you can set up, or just make up your own workout, which is what we've been doing.......I don't use it every day, but just to mix things up a little.......
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    YES YES and YES! I have EA Sports Active 2 for the PS3M and its FUN! It's challenging sometimes, but I love it...it's totally worth the $40!! It even gives you a virtual trainer :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I have it, and love/hate it!

I love the workouts. I love that it tracks the calories burned (even if it lowballs them). I love the variety of exercises.

I hate the virtual trainer and I'm always flipping her off and swearing at her. :laugh: Sometimes if you start a move too fast, and sometimes for no reason at all, the system doesn't pick it up and you'll get a "You're not QUITE completing that rep..." message, which is really frustrating if you're doing something like reverse crunches and you don't pause quite as long as she'd like between moves.

I'd recommend getting a set of hand weights to use instead of the resistance band that comes with it.

I'd also recommend starting with the "Cardio Kick Start" workouts (3 weeks), THEN going into the "9 Week Challenge." I did it backwards, doing the 9 Week on medium, then doing the Cardio Kick Start on hard, and it was too easy. :laugh:

There's also a lot of pre-programmed workouts, and you can create or generate custom ones depending on your mood and time constraints.

And if you add music to your PS3, you can create playlists to play your own music during the workout. But they did a very annoying update a while back where they don't play your custom music during the step aerobics or boxing sets. Ticks me off because I have GREAT music for those, and the canned music is crap. I turn the tv down and play my own.
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    That's great! Thank you for all your comments! I think I'll invest! :flowerforyou: