need more fat

Options
Over time and through fitness training I got into the habit of shooting for a diet of Low Carbs/High Protein.
Now each day as I log my foods, I notice that I get pretty close to each goal category except Fat.
Any suggestions on how to put more fat in diet without adding more carbs?
(Who knew eating FAT would ever be a problem! LOL)

Replies

• therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Fish and avocado. Do almonds or nuts in general have carbs?
  • gingerfoxxx
    gingerfoxxx Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Olive oil! i put it on salads, vegetables, pasta....apparently i put it on everything, haha. I'm a vegetarian and it's the only way i get enough fat (that and almonds, but they will add a few carbs)
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I use a bit of olive oil when cooking the majority of my meats for dinner, plus now make my own salad dressings with olive oil, lemon juice, and dill or one of the Mrs. Dash flavors. This helps me get some good fats into my day as well.

I've become severely lactose intolerant this year so have also added in avacado and nuts as much as i can since Im not able to have any dairy. I typically will have 1 oz of almonds every day as a snack.

By making these changes I am usually right around my target each day.
  • squeaktones
    squeaktones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    i agree with the olive oil, also you can try walnut or flaxseed oil. the olive oil is good though because you can get it infused with lots of differant flavors.
  • AnnieeR
    AnnieeR Posts: 229
    Options
    Yep, agree with avocado, nuts and flaxseed oil! All sooooo good for you and will definitely boost your fat numbers!
  • Dandan26
    Dandan26 Posts: 7
    Options
    I love peanut butter!!!!
  • fullboost
    fullboost Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Cream - if you're eating high protein you can use it to make garlic / pepper / wine / whatever flavour sauce you want
    Nuts - Peanuts are pretty low carb, others are slightly higher but not too significant. I'm on a high protein / low carb diet and i eat lots of nuts!
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    hard boiled eggs NOM NOM