Women: pms munchies

Options
I week before my 'time of the month' I usually gain around 2kgs, get extremely bloated and get the munchies -- carbs and sweets especially (and I don't usually like sweets). How do you all deal with the problem?

Replies

• bbush18
    bbush18 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    omg...mine happens just a day or two before...and i'm craving chocolate (duh) and anything salty! and what do i do about it...i figure that since i'm bloated and feeling disgusting already, i might as well eat what im craving before it gets too out of hand and i cant satisfy the crave with anything. but let me tell you, portion control is the ultimate struggle for me at that time!!
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    BUMP

I am gooing thru that EXACT issue right now!!
  • vixenred7
    Options
    LOTS of water, and i keep a few portions of almonds and sugar-free chocolates on hand (i usually half the serving size and have no problem as far as getting kicked out of ketosis). I always gain around this time but i believe it is water retention and a few days after periods over, the weight seems to go away so don't stress the weight gain, just prepare for it each month
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Keep busy! Even though you often don't feel like it, a nice walk is the best thing to get your mind off munchies and alleviate cramps. When Im craving something sweet i will often have an orange or a nice steaming cup of a yummy flavored herbal tea. Sitting back and sipping a really nice smelling tea does help my "munchies" ease a bit . . . smell is such a powerful sense that this really does seem to help me a lot!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I crave sugar and bad carbs right before. I usually just give into it but stay careful about how much I eat. Usually the first day or two of it I have no appetite so it kind of evens out.
  • VanessaFaulkner
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean Crunch...1 cup 190 calories & you feel like you eat forever!
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I cave, every time!!!! Especially since the belly comes back I figure what teh heck, I may as well earn some of that bulge! I don't go crazy, but I will eat more junky foods. I try to at least find no sugar, or low fat things. It just really sucks! I drink lots of water too and try to continue with my exercising routines. Some months that isn't possible though. Lots of gum chewing too!!
  • JAG1224
    JAG1224 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    as soon as i saw this topic i immediately thought of myself! i didn't gain any weight this TOM (drank a ton of water, not sure if that's why) but i got the munchies bad!! the worst is in the evening. portion control is key, although, i do get weak and have gone back for more. i'm still struggling with this as well! :sad:
  • 36jessica
    36jessica Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Glad to know I'm not alone, ladies.:smile: I will try the herbal-tea sipping suggestion and the almonds on hand suggestion. Thanks a lot to everyone.:flowerforyou: