112 pounds in 1 year

slay0r
slay0r Posts: 669 Member
edited September 26 in Success Stories
Hi guys,

I've used this site for a few months now on and off and I thought I'd share my success story after reading others and seeing that they've inspired other people to lose weight.

I've been fat my entire life and it's affected me in so many ways, from being treated extremely badly in school to having girls never wanting to even talk to me. Despite that I've always maintained that I could lose the lot and be a completely changed person both in looks and in confidence. The final straw for me was having 2 takeaways in a day and being called Peter Griffin at work because of my looks and the fact I was so big I kept knocking things over.

I decided to start dieting without exercise to start with, My last weigh in before starting came in at a whopping 21 stone (I was only 22 so this was quite horrifying.)

Before:

biiiig.jpg

I ate really healthily, I ate a net 1200 calories daily (doesn't sound like a lot but I was eating a LOT just extremely healthily.)

This is me a few weeks ago, I know it isn't a great pic so I'll update this when I get home, I just can't get on facebook at work.

After:

nowp.jpg

I can't begin to tell you how much better I feel, I've just weighed myself this morning and I'm down to 12 stone 12 pounds, which is 5 off my ideal BMI. It almost upsets me writing this and seeing how bad I was and I urge any of you to just keep going if you are struggling, it will all be so worth it. The changes that have been made have changed my entire life for the better, I have so much more confidence both in myself and my looks. Now I know I have the willpower to do anything. I can't go back in time to change the years of unhappiness at school and at home but I can change the future.

7 stone in 9 months woo!

I'm also now exercising as of January, I'm training to do a 10k run for charity as everyone at work remembers how big I was so I'm sure they'll give quite a bit!

Wish you all good health and success.

Jonathan

Replies

• alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    I hear you are suppose to make the IMG into img
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member

Before:

biiiig.jpg

After:

nowp.jpg

Jonathan
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    <a href="http://img862.imageshack.us/img862/4200/biiiig.jpg">Before</a&gt;
    <a href="http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/2491/nowp.jpg">After</a&gt;

I dunno lol. I just tryed linking to ur pics in html.. But it doesn't seem to be working.
  • JoeyTajzai
    JoeyTajzai Posts: 1,198 Member
    biiiig.jpg

nowp.jpg
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    EDIT: Does anyone know how to fix my pic links?

Hi guys,

I've used this site for a few months now on and off and I thought I'd share my success story after reading others and seeing that they've inspired other people to lose weight.

I've been fat my entire life and it's affected me in so many ways, from being treated extremely badly in school to having girls never wanting to even talk to me. Despite that I've always maintained that I could lose the lot and be a completely changed person both in looks and in confidence. The final straw for me was having 2 takeaways in a day and being called Peter Griffin at work because of my looks and the fact I was so big I kept knocking things over.

I decided to start dieting without exercise to start with, My last weigh in before starting came in at a whopping 21 stone (I was only 22 so this was quite horrifying.)

Before:

biiiig.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I ate really healthily, I ate a net 1200 calories daily (doesn't sound like a lot but I was eating a LOT just extremely healthily.)

This is me a few weeks ago, I know it isn't a great pic so I'll update this when I get home, I just can't get on facebook at work.

After:

nowp.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I can't begin to tell you how much better I feel, I've just weighed myself this morning and I'm down to 12 stone 12 pounds, which is 5 off my ideal BMI. It almost upsets me writing this and seeing how bad I was and I urge any of you to just keep going if you are struggling, it will all be so worth it. The changes that have been made have changed my entire life for the better, I have so much more confidence both in myself and my looks. Now I know I have the willpower to do anything. I can't go back in time to change the years of unhappiness at school and at home but I can change the future.

Wish you all good health and success.

Jonathan

maybe this will work?
  • slay0r
    Thanks guys! Links fixed! :)
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Great job!.....but why are you laying next to a toilet?
  • slay0r
    That's what happens when you get a hotel room miles away and then challenge a group of students to a drinking competition when you barely drink..the joys of being 22!
  • LeeBeeW
    LeeBeeW Posts: 100
    Wow! Well done, truely inspirational!
  • luvmykid28
    luvmykid28 Posts: 185 Member
    Amazing story, amazing transformation. Thank you and congratulations!!
  • slay0r
    Thanks very much :)
  • sherrynewm
    sherrynewm Posts: 22 Member
    What a great story and congratulations !!!!! You have done so well and look fantastic. GREAT JOB !!!!!
  • dixedreg
    dixedreg Posts: 276 Member
    Awesome results congrats! AND ....... best "before" picture EVER!
  • slay0r
    Haha, thank you very much! I do appreciate the thanks a lot, it was extremely hard for me :)
  • slay0r
    If anyone would like any tips I'd love to give some. I want to take someone under my wing a bit! If I change just one person it will all be worth it.
  • denanc
    denanc Posts: 12 Member
    Congratulations on your hard work and endurance. You look great!
  • slay0r
    Thanks Deena! Looks as though you're doing very well yourself! :)
  • bigmamma3
    bigmamma3 Posts: 134
    well done l love the pics
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    AWESOME. So great.. :)
  • l3ugjuice
    l3ugjuice Posts: 233
    I hear ya...112 pounds is awesome. Great job.

However, I'm more intrigued by the story you are not telling. Specifically: why is your before picture a picture of you passed out beside a toilet? There has GOT to be a story behind that one...
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!