I'm in a rut...

I've been stuck around 200-205 for months! Even on a calorie restriction, I can't seem to lose it. I have a feeling I know what it is too...let's just say, what goes in, rarely comes back out =/ I know that's a bit gross, but how can I make it come out at least once a day again?

Replies

• amymunn
    amymunn Posts: 115 Member
    i read a post similar to this yesterday and one lady said she ate tonnnnsss of fiber! try eatin lots and lots of fiber. :]
  • FIRST, IF YOU WANT MORE TO COME OUT, JACK YOUR FIBER INTAKE.

SECOND, IF YOUR IN A RUT, CHANGE SOMETHING UP. GO TO A BOXING CLASS, OR MAYBE DRUMS ALIVE. MAJOR CARDIO WORKOUTS, USUALLY CONTAINED IN A 45MIN TO AN HOUR LOG WORKOUT.
  • Munchiemooka
    Munchiemooka Posts: 176 Member
    Eating fiber is the way to go but the best for this problem is solouble fiber... My ditatation advised me to have oats for breakfast as this is a good way to start the day with a good dose of solouble fiber :)
  • Fiber for sure. Fish Oil capsules also help quite a bit. Will also help with joints, skin and hair (it has in my case). Also, be sure you are taking in enough calories every day with the exercise you are doing.
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    i am in my third week of my diet now - before my intake was all take away food and was quite regular movements - but when i started my diet it really affected my movements - now, half a tin of red kidney beans a night with a wee bit of light mayo and i'm sorted

its very common for it to happen - stops you losing weight and you're actually slowly poisoning your body - your liver can only deal with so many toxins
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 469 Member
    Some people who have chronic constipation need to use daily metamucil (fiber supplement) and/or miralax. If you try miralax (which is recently available over the counter now), when you finally "go" then cut back to half a dose every day until you see what it does for you... just in case you are super sensitive, so you don't have diarrhea! If you need to have a whole dose every day, then that's okay, but at least you don't get accidentally too much! ;) oops!

Also, increased cardio like walking or running will "get things moving" along faster, plus help you overcome the plateau.

AND don't forget TONS of WATER!! * Fiber does not work without water!!!
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Everyone is different. Since I completely changed everything about my food consumption and started eating completely "clean" and healthy and restricting my calories I NEVER "go" everyday. This is quite common for a lot of women. I will typically only go 3 or 4 times per week. This has nothing to do with your weight loss goal at all and is really normal.

You have just not found your "calorie sweet spot" of calories Vs. exercise. Once I figured this out for myself I consistently lost each week from 1/2 pound to 2 or 3 pounds per week. Im only 5'4" and MUST have a minimum of about 1250 calories per day, if I exercise I must eat back some of those calories.

A few things to consider to get your loss going:
    1) drink a minimum of 10 glasses of water per day (plus other fluids like coffee, tea, etc)
    2) eat 99% of "clean" and healthy food
    3) fibre is your friend, don't eliminate those complex carbs
    4) eat most of your calories during the day, dinner should be your lightest meal
    5) do not eat at least 2 1/2 hours before bed
    6) get 30 minutes of activity at a minimum every day, even if it is just a walk
    7) get at least 7 hours of sleep per night

If you make a few tweaks Im sure you can get that scale moving!
  • igor11
    igor11 Posts: 23 Member
    I've had this same problem just 2 weeks ago. Upping your fiber intake is the way to go for sure. But sometimes even that doesn't help or give relief. I still felt bloated and hadn't gone for nearly a week. Not normal for me. So I just took a laxative. Milk of magnesium was one the ingredients. It definitely helped. I've been regular and going every day since. I also take fiber supplements a few times to week just to help and make sure. But do the laxative, it really worked for me. But make sure your able to stay home all day or night. You won't want the immediate results while your out.
  • robinso5
    robinso5 Posts: 310 Member
    Well Dear i was like you for about 3 weeks! I started on a 2/3 cups prune juice mixed with 1/3 cup lemon juice and wala! it makes it easier to come down and doesnt cramp your stomach. make sure you warm it up too! I have vowed to do this once every wednesday which is my day of rest from the gym!
  • THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Hey! Don't worry- (even though i know you are worried) You will get past this (even though right now it seems like you won't.) :laugh: I have been in a similar position before. I would try Activia Yogurt. Have you heard of it? They make it light fat free. They sell it pretty much at any grocery store. You should try the "Activia Challenge" you basically eat a yogurt everyday. Some people don't like activia, but I think its yummy & it definitely helps with the problem you are having. They also make teas for this type of problem. Also, after you do that I would start to up your fiber intake in general. Do you have a very vegetable and fruity diet? I noticed once I started eating more veggies I didn't have that problem as often. Last but definitely not least: Are you drinking water? Water is VERY important, nothing will happen if you aren't drinking enough water. I am terrible about drinking water. I literally have to keep a water bottle around me all the time or I won't drink it. Hopefully these tips help...& another thing you might do is up your exercise/change it. I have lost weight (& gained it also) and every time I get around 190-200 eating healthy doesn't do anything for me anymore I have to exercise regularly to get the rest off. So if you aren't exercising you should start- that should help both of your problems. Okay...Hope that all helps! :):flowerforyou: