People deactivating their accounts....

Options
Still_Sossy
Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
I have noticed a trend of people deactivating their accounts recently. I can not help but wonder why? I honestly can not think of a reason. It confuses me, if it is a friend issue remove the friend or block them. Otherwise why would you want to leave such a great site filled with amazing people of all personalities and so much support. I have done here in 3 months what I could not do in 2 years with Weight Watchers. This place is so wonderful both for the health and fitness parts but even the social side and message boards. I am sad that people leave. :cry:

Replies

• rore1
    rore1 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I agree:) even on maintenance I plan on staying!!!I was a FB wh@#e!!! but MFP is WAY better!!!! so happy to have you as a friend my sexy friend;) the support is unreal......makes such a difference!!! I also feel if you need to deactivate why not tell people? Tell them everything is fine (so no one worries) but just can't do this right now...etc.....
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,427 Member
    Options
    agree, or even just those folks who never post again who were doing so well.
  • Swilson87
    Swilson87 Posts: 139
    Options
    "SOS" it's most likely the reason they were here anyway. There are things and life that don't mix, oil and water, light and darkness, and success and failure. The friends that delete their accounts were probably not ready to commit to the personal responsibility/accountability that comes with this type of change. So it was easier to leave than constantly be reminded of what they were not doing. Pictures, NSV's, and calories burned post are tough to look at and read from the other side of a double whopper. Just my 2 cents....
  • Barbelizah
    Barbelizah Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    "SOS" it's most likely the reason they were here anyway. There are things and life that don't mix, oil and water, light and darkness, and success and failure. The friends that delete their accounts were probably not ready to commit to the personal responsibility/accountability that comes with this type of change. So it was easier to leave than constantly be reminded of what they were not doing. Pictures, NSV's, and calories burned post are tough to look at and read from the other side of a double whopper. Just my 2 cents....

I agree! maybe they just weren't ready. :(
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Trolls deactivate accounts, too.
  • Barbelizah
    Barbelizah Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I went into a mini panic attack...Just from THINKING about deactivating! AHHHH! (And I've only been here for 5 days)
  • SweetLe
    SweetLe Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Trolls
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,342 Member
    Options
    Could be any number of reasons. Like Bynsky, I've seen a few over the six months or so that I've been on MFP. One recently appeared to be a partner of a person here who was jealous of a friendship they had with someone else here. With the caring and yes, sometimes flirty behavior that goes on, it's easy to see how a spouse or GF/BF might raise an eyebrow or exception.

There are also probably a good number of people here with various emotional issues that might get them into situations they shouldn't be in or aren't prepared to deal with....and then they get in over their head and don't know what else to do so they bolt.

Some people might feel that they have become too obsessive about MFP and it has taken over every waking moment of their lives to the detriment of work, relationships and responsibilities in their real lives so they pull the plug and go cold turkey.

Still others might be going through a whole heap of hurt in their real lives and can't deal with MFP at the moment...

Those are just a couple off the top of my head. *shrug*

But you're right it is still sad. We're all here for each other like family and it hurts when someone leaves with no explanation or goodbye. :(
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I haven't been here very long and I love it!!! I'm not going anyplace regardless weightloss or not :)
    Slow weightloss but I am still here!!
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I could NEVER!! although, if i did, i'd get some work done :ohwell:
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options

I think you hit the nail on the head.
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    people need to keep the focus on why they are on here ! it to get healthy and Fit................... enough said
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    people need to keep the focus on why they are on here ! it to get healthy and Fit................... enough said

**applause**
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options

**applause**

****wipe a tear away from eyes*** thank you thank you
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    i was tempted to leave the other day as i felt like it was going too far in my head when i was nearly in tears and panicking for going into the red on my calorie count

As someone who has battled with an eating disorder pretty much my whole adult life, I didnt like where it was going.

In the end, i just decided to not log anymore but not leave, and now ive decided to log again, because i was panicking just as much about overeating without logging, but without the pleasure of knowing youre under, but ive upped my calories to maintenance and will try not to go overboard with it. Im probably also not going to submit my diary at the end of each day so as not to put it up for scrutiny and invite comments, because i find the "well dones" when im way under just as triggering as the stony silences and the "never minds" when im over.
  • portlandsundevil
    portlandsundevil Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    What's weird to me is when they make this big deal over leaving, how sad they are to go, etc, but they "have to do this for them." And then they make a new account.

I think part of it is just that some people thrive on drama.
  • portlandsundevil
    portlandsundevil Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    What's weird to me is when they make this big deal over leaving, how sad they are to go, etc, but they "have to do this for them." And then they make a new account.

• SweetLe
    SweetLe Posts: 157 Member
    Options

Thanks really,
    That's when the real friends come to my side
  • Mission4Life
    Options
    I use to be "Madcat" and deactivated. I came back a little while later when I realized what I was missing. Some people don't like the way their journey is going and need a fresh start. What is worse, a simple "Oh my God where did they go" or a "Sorry I am doing this but I am leaving". I would have taken the reaching out for help (not drama). You are here for support but lets face it, some people are here for fun, stir trouble or whatever. People leave for their own reasons and we shouldn't judge. That's what makes (made) this site awesome, when it's a no judgement zone.

If you don't get it, be happy you don't understand. If you have ever left or thought about it,know you are not alone and make sure that you are making this your journey and not letting people dictate it for you.