EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    GREAT Places for Recipes:
    Allrecipe.com
    Foodtv.com
  • Mobstang
    Mobstang Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I like to steam cabbage and then mix up a little greek yogurt, mustard, and horseradish as a dip for it. Originally I used mayo but the GY is better for you. This also goes well with corned beef and cabbage.
  • dianeensey
    dianeensey Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My husband chops it and then stir fries it quickly using just Pam just until it starts to brown slightly. Gets a wonderful nutty flavor. I also like cabbage salad: sliced cabbage, smoked salmon, and a simple vinagrette. Sometimes without the oil even (since the salmon is fatty).
  • padbh
    padbh Posts: 40
    Options
    Marinaded Salad
    Chopped Napa Cabbage
    Chopped broccoli
    Chopped cauliflower
    Chopped carrots
    chopped tomatoes
    Olives (your favorite)

fresh peas if you can get them

Pour Italian dressing over and let marinade for a few hours or up to overnight.
  • MyBeautyIsSkinDeep
    Options
    My husband chops it and then stir fries it quickly using just Pam just until it starts to brown slightly. Gets a wonderful nutty flavor. I also like cabbage salad: sliced cabbage, smoked salmon, and a simple vinagrette. Sometimes without the oil even (since the salmon is fatty).
    Now that sounds good I will be tryn this one my self!!! THANK YOU!!:happy:
  • liezelcha
    liezelcha Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • BrianJLamb
    BrianJLamb Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I cook something that has alot of cabbage in it, but it isnt a cabbage recipe exactly.

I take a cast iron pot, and put a little bit of olive oil at the bottom...very small amount.

Then I chop up cabbage into thick shreds and throw it in. About 2 to 3 carrots, peeled, cut diagonally into planks and throw them in, 2 onions sliced and thrown in, two cans of big white beans (whichever you prefer), tempeh, a little salt, cracked pepper, a can of fire roasted diced tomatoes or crushed tomatoes, 3-4 garlic cloves chopped, a can of low sodium vege broth, cover it and simmer on low. I also add a couple of handfuls of chopped fresh dill. After like 15 minutes, check to see it's not sticking. Give it a stir. Let it cookup until the veges are the consistency that you like.

OHHH....Also I like to add Franks Red Hot sauce to it afterwards. I think it is because the vinegar in it gives a good bite to it.
  • kimd1974
    kimd1974 Posts: 113
    Options
    I just cook mine in a can of chicken broth and some light butter until tender. Salt & pepper to taste. Taste very sweet but stinks up your house.