Willpower

Options
blondie1121
blondie1121 Posts: 15 Member
So my boss just bought lunch for the entire office. Being mindful that most of us are on diets, he decides to go with deli sandwiches instead of our usual Baja Fresh guacamole explosion or greasy pizza. Which is nice...until I realize that the turkey, sprouts, mustard, lettuce and tomato on wheat that I carefully ordered has a whopping almost 800 calories for the whole sandwhich (Jimmy John's). Not including the chips (salt and vinegar even...OMG my favorite) and soda that he ordered for everyone. I've completely stopped drinking any soda for almost 2 months, wasn't about to buckle to that one today. Had a water, NO chips and one 1/2 of the best sandwich (about 300 cals so my whole lunch...) I've ever had. Didn't cheat or indulge and am SO PROUD OF MYSELF. Yay me.

Replies

• AriesGrl
    AriesGrl Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Congats on staying strong! Way to go...keep it up!!!
  • manda1028
    manda1028 Posts: 148
    Options
    good job :) youre doing great!
  • kishmodasia
    Options
    Well done! You are an inspiration to us.
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Way to go. I posted yesterday that an attorney had offered to take me to lunch and I turned it down so that I could go to the gym. Then when I got to my Jeep I realized I had forgotten my workout cloths. But, I was still proud of myself for resisting and sticking with what I brought. That is the difference between the old me and the new me. I am not going to be led into those tempting meals.
  • JMJohnson1005
    JMJohnson1005 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    all about portions baby! good job
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    THAT IS AWESOME! BE PROUD AND SAVE THE OTHER HALF FOR LUNCH TOMORROW!!!!!!! YOU DID IT!!!!!!!!
  • acbecker
    acbecker Posts: 2
    Options
    It sounds like you made the perfect choices to eat with a group and still manage to accomplish your goals. YOU ROCK!
  • ray37
    ray37 Posts: 18
    Options
    that's wonderful! it's always difficult when we're accustomed to eating certain things, or when we're in the company of others. great job!!
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS! Im originally from southern IL and I MISS Jimmy John's SO much. My mouth wattered just reading it....good job though lol
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Wow great job on the willpower! And that is soo great that your workplace is being supportive!
  • lily1972
    lily1972 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Isn't it great: the power to choose! Like someone else said: it's all about portions! Becoming calorie-conscious is what makes or breaks the deal... Thank goodness for mfp! :-))
  • SaLandrum
    SaLandrum Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    That is some incredible will power ....
    Congrats !
  • mommymovingmountains
    mommymovingmountains Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    So my boss just bought lunch for the entire office. Being mindful that most of us are on diets, he decides to go with deli sandwiches instead of our usual Baja Fresh guacamole explosion or greasy pizza. Which is nice...until I realize that the turkey, sprouts, mustard, lettuce and tomato on wheat that I carefully ordered has a whopping almost 800 calories for the whole sandwhich (Jimmy John's). Not including the chips (salt and vinegar even...OMG my favorite) and soda that he ordered for everyone. I've completely stopped drinking any soda for almost 2 months, wasn't about to buckle to that one today. Had a water, NO chips and one 1/2 of the best sandwich (about 300 cals so my whole lunch...) I've ever had. Didn't cheat or indulge and am SO PROUD OF MYSELF. Yay me.

What!? I order a #12 without mayo and I know that it is less than that and it has avacado spread on it.
  • robinmurphy71
    Options
    That is awesome!!! Congrats to you!!
  • blondie1121
    blondie1121 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    According to MFP: Jimmy John's - #4 (Turkey Tom) on Wheat, No Mayo, Add Dijon, 1 Sandwich 727 calories
    According to Jimmy John's website: #4 (Turkey Tom) on Wheat, No Mayo, Add Dijon, 1 Sandwich 426 Calories

I went with MFP to be safe. I think the wheat bread was the kicker honestly. It is CRAZY thick and really good. But next time I'll get it in a lettuce wrap instead!
  • mommymovingmountains
    mommymovingmountains Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!!! Is that the one with the thick sliced bread? I would never have guessed that! I love my #12 but I have to ask them 3-4 times to be sure to leave the mayo off because that is a big calorie difference.
  • e1lindsay
    e1lindsay Posts: 230
    Options
    OMG i love jimmy johns!! i don't think i could stop at half a sub!
  • kittyinaz
    kittyinaz Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    That is awesome willpower! You go girl!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!