Just started...

Options
I just started my weight loss journey on Sunday, April 10. I am very excited, but scared that this will fail like all of the other diets I have tried. I really need the motivation from these message boards to keep me on the right track!

Replies

• earlhall
    earlhall Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Robin,

I just put this on my phone today to keep track of my calories. I lost 40 pounds, but have not lost any more weight since January. I need to take a harder look at what I am doing. I am 305 pounds today, but want to reach my goal of 210 pounds.

I wish you luck and let's keep each other encouraged. :)

Earl Hall
    www.earlhall.net
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Get out of that mindset! It's your attitude at the beginning of a task that determines your success or failure. It's up to YOU to change your life.

That being said, welcome to MFP. And you CAN do it! We can motivate you all you want, but at the end of the day, YOU have to motivate yourself in order for any change to stick. We are just extra support.

Good luck!!
  • katebcastro
    Options
    You Can do it!! Were here for you..feel free to add me:)
  • kiisha_11
    kiisha_11 Posts: 55
    Options
    Welcome To MFP! You can do it. All you have to do is stay positive and you will succeed. As you know, losing weight takes time. Take one day at a time. Make a plan. Keep a journal write in it or of course you can use the food diary that is on here. Cut back on your portions if you dont wanna count calories.. And last but not least drink your water.

Good Luck! You Can Do it.
    -Kiisha
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Just keep on with this, and be strict with yourself in logging in and putting in your calories - even if you go over - which we all do now and again.

I was sceptical when my friend told me about this website. I was planning on starting weight watchers (I thought I'd need something like that to motivate me, rather than doing it on my own), but thought I'd try something for free first. Now I am 8lbs lighter, and enjoying losing the weight without finding it particularly hard. Half of it for me has been realising how many calories some things have in them - nothing I particularly need, and things I can replace with foods just as nice for half the calories!

I have met people on here, and have added friends, and that has helped motivate me. Feel free to friend me, and we can motivate eachother!
  • cclarkdal
    cclarkdal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Your body is adjusting to your diet and now knows what to expect and when. Try increasing your carbs for a week or so your body is confussed, then go back to your regular eating habit. You may have to do this once in a while to keep the body confussed on what it is eating.
  • simplysonya
    simplysonya Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just started my weight loss journey on Sunday, April 10. I am very excited, but scared that this will fail like all of the other diets I have tried. I really need the motivation from these message boards to keep me on the right track!

Hello! Welcome aboard! Feel free to add me as a friend.
    I can attest that this thing really works. It helps you monitor what you eat and what you burn in your exercise.
    Everyone is very supportive. It's kind of like you have your own little cheerleading squad. Before I found this site,
    i tried others but could never stay committed to tracking my food intake or exercise. I couldn't even make it two days!!
    But something about this site, I guess the ease of use makes it fun and interesting. I actually want to get on and I feel like
    I'm really missing out if I don't log in! :)

I'm sure you'll enjoy your journey. Even if you slip, or fall, just don't give up!!
  • wilkybeal
    wilkybeal Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I am in a slightly different situation but have been frustrated with weight and physical performance for years. I'm a healthy eater and I exercise, but I've taken a long, hard look at my routines and have come to the realizations that I'm just not doing enough to get what I want.

The beautiful thing about weight is that it's so mathematical. It's like tracking finances. If you're always broke, there's a reason. It hurts to examine why, but it's liberating to go through with it. When you realize you're spending more than you have, and begin hard cut-backs, you see results, even if they're slow going.

The same is true for weight. It's all math and chemistry. If we're spending (eating) more than we have (calories burned), we're going to plateau or gain weight.

This site has been invaluable for me to truly put my lifestyle under the microscope. I hope it will be for you too!
  • polkataniec
    polkataniec Posts: 102
    Options
    Just stay positive! and welcome! You will love it! once you stay true to youself and see the progress is very motivating!Good luck!