Jut tell me which HRM to buy...........please!!

Options
I have been thinking of buying an HRM for so long but I can't make up my mind which one I should get. Now I know that the ones that have a chest strap are supposed to be the most effective ..........but are they comfortable to wear on longer runs?
Also does anyone know of a shop in the U.K that I could go to and have a look at lots of different HRMs and get some expert advice before I buy one?
Any tips would be welcomed.

Thanks so much.

Alison

Replies

• rljohnson11
    Options
    I bought a Polar F4 HRM online. I love it and it does exactly what I need it to do.

I don't live in the UK, so can't help you there. Sorry.
  • MCEVITTS
    MCEVITTS Posts: 8
    Options
    I also have a Polar F4...it's fabulous and soo easy!
  • jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I am really liking the New Balance N4. Got it at Target this week for under $70 and it's been super easy to use thus far and the chest strap is comfortable.
  • alison2429
    alison2429 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I bought a Polar F4 HRM online. I love it and it does exactly what I need it to do.

Oooh thanks - does it have a chest strap?
  • LauraW116
    LauraW116 Posts: 26
    Options
    I love my polar ft4
  • rhiannon1979
    rhiannon1979 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 and love it. I barely even notice the chest strap!
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options

Took the words right out of my mouth.
  • kellykaye_xo
    kellykaye_xo Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7 and I LOVE it! It tells me how many calories I burn are fitness and how many are fat burning. This really motivates me! I got mine online...
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Oooh thanks - does it have a chest strap?

Yes, a very comfortable elastic one (not hard plastic like a lot of others).
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7 and I LOVE it! It tells me how many calories I burn are fitness and how many are fat burning. This really motivates me! I got mine online...

Same here. Chest strap is not even noticeable when I run.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I bought a polar ft4 from amazon and I'm in the uk they have offers on at the moment. The ft7 is nice as it has features to upload all the data but that needs another device at 40 quid

the ft4 is very easy to set up and it's comfortable I don't notice it when working out gives u the average min and max heart rate for ur workout an the number of calories burned.
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I often ask this question and everyone I know says POLAR all the time... Just checked out ebay now and the FT$ cheapest is going for £53.99 buy it now price plus 4 quid postage...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Womans-Polar-FT4-F-Heart-Rate-Monitor-Watch-BNIB-/150588611356?pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_Activity_Monitoring_MJ&hash=item230fc7db1c

Hope this helps!! (oh yeah its UK too)

Sarah
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar F6.
  • williamhobbs
    Options
    I have a Suunto T4 and it's great. It has a coach on it that plans the week coming up based on your efforts. It also constantly updates according to your efforts. It has a comfortable chest strap. I bought a USB dongle that connects it to my laptop and the software graphs and logs workouts so you can spot trends.

http://www.suunto.com/en/products/#filter=891

They have a dealer locator. I saw about 50 retailers in the London area.

http://www.suunto.com/en/Where-to-buy/
  • ramius
    ramius Posts: 91
    Options
    Polar RS300X = Awesomeness -- chest strap very comfy..
  • alison2429
    Options
    I have a Suunto T4 and it's great. It has a coach on it that plans the week coming up based on your efforts. It also constantly updates according to your efforts. It has a comfortable chest strap. I bought a USB dongle that connects it to my laptop and the software graphs and logs workouts so you can spot trends.

http://www.suunto.com/en/products/#filter=891

They have a dealer locator. I saw about 50 retailers in the London area.

http://www.suunto.com/en/Where-to-buy/
    Thanks so much for all this great advice and the time that you give putting it on here. You are all great!
  • Liz75
    Liz75 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    FT7 was a great buy for me! Got it from amazon, not sure of UK shops that you can check them out. Polar's own website is informative. Bite the bullet, you won't regret it!! Though sometimes your calorie burn is lower than MFP's own guessimate! Good luck!
  • alison2429
    Options
    Thanks everyone - I have finally bought ..............................the Polar FT7!! Whoppee.
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    Thanks everyone - I have finally bought ..............................the Polar FT7!! Whoppee.

You're going to love it!