How much water do you drink?

Options
I've heard in the past that drinking 1/2 your body weight in ounces is great for weight loss ( I heard this through Weight Watchers)
I tried it and it really did make a big difference. Now actually getting back into that habit is a whole 'nother battle!

So how much do you drink?

Replies

• goochinator
    goochinator Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I've heard in the past that drinking 1/2 your body weight in ounces is great for weight loss ( I heard this through Weight Watchers)
    I tried it and it really did make a big difference. Now actually getting back into that habit is a whole 'nother battle!

So how much do you drink?
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    2 1/2 quarts - 3 quarts a day. I found that Walmart has a version of Crystal light and my doctor told me it counted for water so 2 quarts are that and the other is water when I am at the gym. I can't do the fruity stuff while I work it..makes me want to puke!
  • sph40
    sph40 Posts: 24
    Options
    I try to drink the required 8 cups a day, but water just gets old! I think the more you drink the better. Water helps to metbolize food, so drink lots! However, if you weigh very often, and you are drinking more than the 8 cups, then you may be encouraged by the water weight loss b/c the numbers will go down, however, that weight (like I said) is mainly water, so be careful.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    During the day at work I have a gallon pitcher of water that I fill every morning, and I try to drink it all by the end of the day. Then I drink about a glass of water every hour at home and more when I am working out. :drinker: My mother says that I must have been a fish in a previous life. And I agree with her. I am all about the water.
    --Diann...
  • ashleyxanne
    Options
    I carry a 32oz water bottle to work and I fill it up every two hours, and drink a full 32oz at lunch ..I find it fills me up so I don't eat as much!