Cheesecake factory

Options
my boyfriend wants to go to the cheesecake factory for lunch and i know there are many threads about eating out but i was just curious of anyone who went there and recommends a low calorie dish?? are their weight management salads really that great and low calorie? or am i better of ordering a steak or salmon?

curious to know ur thoughts

thank you so much for all the support all!
happy MLK day

Replies

• FUZZBUZZ4
    FUZZBUZZ4 Posts: 334
    Options
    my boyfriend wants to go to the cheesecake factory for lunch and i know there are many threads about eating out but i was just curious of anyone who went there and recommends a low calorie dish?? are their weight management salads really that great and low calorie? or am i better of ordering a steak or salmon?

happy MLK day
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    Options
    do they have a website with nutritional value?
    I know most restaurants do.
    You're lucky to have cheesecake factory in your area... we have an apple bees 30minutes away.. and that's it.
    anyway... I used to run a restaurant (and worked in 4 others) and we used to put butter (or butter flavored lard) and salt on everything (it's like that for a lot of places.. adds flavor) our cooking water was "salty like the Atlantic"
    we buttered our burger buns, and broiled our meat on buttered pans. The salads came out of bags and we just added veggies, feta, cherries, or whatever to it. It was pretty good. So salad would be your best bet. the Salmon should be safe to eat to...
  • FUZZBUZZ4
    Options
    OMG the butter content thing is scary.. its always scary cuz u never really know how they cook ur food.. i looked on the website it doesnt have any nutrional info :-(
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

happy MLK day

Here's a link that hasa few of their dishes & nutrition facts:
    http://www.dwlz.com/Restaurants/cheescakefact.html

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about, it I go out to eat fairly regularly. All you have to do is look for the stuff you'd make for yourself, and then ask them not to butter it, and replace a simple carb with fibrous veggies. When I go out, I order fish 99% of the time, and then ask for steamed veggies instead of rice or whatever they'd normally have on the side. A salad is a great option too...if you ask for no cheese and get your dressing on the side, you're good to go! I always like to look at the menu before so I know what they have and exactly what I'll order when I get there. Tonight I'm going out to a sandwich place (Macado's), and they have a MILLION huge sandwiches with tons of meat and cheese, but they also have a make-your-own. So I'm gonna order pumpernickel bread, some lean meat, no cheese, and all the veggies I can put on there. Super easy :happy:
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Last time I went to Cheesecake Factory, I had this salmon with asparagus and it was sooo good but i have no clue what the calories were.
  • FUZZBUZZ4
    Options
    I was thinking of having that.. a normal salmon filet is like 140 cals.. i dunno what their sauce is like tho.. it says hebd lemon crusted.. can be that many calories right?
  • sdonner
    Options
    Check this site out I use it for Weight Watchers and use it every time I am going to go out to eat

http://www.dottisweightlosszone.com/restaurants.html
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Do a Google search for Cheesecake Factory. I did and was shocked at how many calories are in their "healthy salads."
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    Options
    YOu can always tell the waitress how you want it... it's really rare that the chef or cook won't make it the way you want it unless it's terribly busy and he or she forgets. If it's a good restaurant then they will make adjustments to accommodate their guests
  • rockymtnguy
    Options
    They have incredible salads also, and if ordered be prepared to ask for a "to go box", as the salads are huge. Enjoy your meal.
  • sph40
    sph40 Posts: 24
    Options
    I suggest skipping the entre and just skipping straight to the cheesecake...ha! I ate there for the FIRST time a few weeks ago and I'm telling you, I didn't know that cheesecake was so amazing. It's like a gift from God Almighty...and I mean that!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I went a couple of weeks ago for my birthday, and had one of their weight mgt salads. All listed are supposed to be less than 600 calories, even with the dressing.

It was huge, and couldn't eat all of it.

It was also very tasty!:smile:

by the way, hubby ordered something called "little" cajun chicken nuggets...an believe me there was nothing little about it...it looks like they served him the entire chicken:laugh:
  • stantond
    stantond Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Dietfacts.com has some of the weight management salad info.
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake Factory is notorious for their portion size. They are ridiculous!! A lunch portion salad is enough for two or three people - beware!!!
  • suevittorioso
    Options
    :tongue: you can't walk in or out without walking by any kind of cheezecake you can imagine. i've been to the one in the atria mall-somewhere in ma.anyway-best to do when you don't know the sauce or the dressing-ask for it on the side. the other thing i've been doing in a restaurant is dividing the portion immediately in half.half baked potaoe-half the meat,ect. if i eat the prebread, i don't eat the potatoe. avoid the pretty marguaritas and get too huge glasses of water because there's too much salt in everything and tastes good but you'll bloat from retention.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Forget the calories there's always tomorrow. I recommend the vanilla bean cheesecake with raspberry sauce. It's the best. Of coarse I live 250 miles from the nearest CCF which is a good thing Cheese cake is my favorite.