Hello!

bexfield
bexfield Posts: 21
edited September 26 in Introduce Yourself
I'm new to the site and trying to lose about 10 more pounds. I've already lost eight. I also accidentally typed ate instead of eight just then. Somewhere within that freudian slip lays the key to my weight struggle. :)

I've been going to the gym regularly and just started a kickboxing class which is really pushing me to a new level. I had started slacking off, so I'm happy to be "pushed" a bit more. A friend recommended this site. I'd love to connect with others that have tips, motivation, experiences, or anything else they'd like to share.

Thanks!

Replies

• Krahn1984
    Krahn1984 Posts: 57 Member
    Kickboxing sounds like a lot of fun! I'm working on my Billy Blank's Tae Bo DVD and it is the hardest workout I've ever done. 50 minutes spent on Tae Bo is the most efficient 50 minute workout I've done. Completely covered in sweat at the end. Or as I like to tell my husband, "I'm covered in a light mist and glowing!" Ha, I'm slightly delusional :) Welcome to MFP and good luck on your goal!
  • Hi! I'm new to this site as well. I have just started my journey to be healthy and lose weight (AGAIN) lol...My husband always tell me that I burn myself out by doing way too much at the beginning, so now I have setled for walking an hour a day with 30 minutes of weight training after. Not sure if the results I want will happen as fast since I'm only walking but I'm told they will last and thats what matters to me most right now. No more yo yo dieting. I remember after I had my first son at 25 I lost over 50 pounds so quickly but after my second son at 27 (whose now 4 years old now clearing throat), I can't seem to shake off two punds before I'm putting it back on again. Yes something definetly happened to my metabolism after I hit 30 but thats not excuse for me. I believe that we can have the results we want if we stay consistent and be patient. HA! that is going to be my biggest test..staying consistent and patient. I am so happy I found this site. It makes it easier for me to keep track of my calories and workout progress. The support here is very nice as well. :smile: God bless us all! Take care.......Skinnyhealthyme:happy:
  • bexfield
    Thanks Krahn. :) The tae bo dvd's are really great. I lost weight with them and a little jogging in college. I just recently found my dvd that had wandered off somewhere for several years. Keep up the good work!
  • bexfield
    I didn't realize my messages would all go to the end or I would have responded to both of you in one. Skinnyhealthyme I completely agree with you about being grateful to find this site. It's nice to find a community of people dedicated to improvement and a place to keep myself accountable. I am sure if you keep up the hard work it will pay off. Best of luck!
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Welcome to MFP!! If you need advice or motivation, you can add me! I do my best to help and answer questions.
  • NaNa4630
    NaNa4630 Posts: 2
    Hi :) It's nice to find a place like this to help with my jouney to a healthier self. I've lost 25 pounds on another program, but when the program changed, I stopped loosing. It was time for me to make a change and get back on track. Tracking my calories and activity is going to do it and this looks like a great place to give me the support and encouragement I need.

I go to the Y six days a week for cardio and strength training. That is a huge change for me and I am actually enjoying it. Tracking all that I eat will be the hard part, but with your tracking system, I'm sure I can do it.

Thanks for being here.
This discussion has been closed.