Newbie from New Zealand

I've just started here, after being weighed by my naturopath I freaked out a little and decided I need to do something about it. So now I'm on day 2 of tracking what I'm eating, drinking more water and less Coke, and doing pretty well :) Hopefully it will be come second nature to enter everything into the food diary. Might have to keep a list of my Palm for when I'm out and away from my computer.

Replies

• CasperNZ
    CasperNZ Posts: 8 Member
    I've just started here, after being weighed by my naturopath I freaked out a little and decided I need to do something about it. So now I'm on day 2 of tracking what I'm eating, drinking more water and less Coke, and doing pretty well :) Hopefully it will be come second nature to enter everything into the food diary. Might have to keep a list of my Palm for when I'm out and away from my computer.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too.
    I've gotta warn you, this site is VERY ADDICTING! :laugh: Best of all though, IT REALLY, REALLY WORKS! :happy:
  • lascolaj514
    lascolaj514 Posts: 53 Member
    Welcome:happy: You will like this site. It's really a great help. And look at you BrenNew! You're just a heartbeat away from your goal. Congratulations. Best of luck to you both. Jackie
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Welcome! :smile: You have come to the right place. Between the wonderful calorie counter and the awsome support group, this is the place to help you lose weight. Best tip I got when I joined was to log everything before you eat. It's amazing how many calories are hiding in places you wouldn't expect! :wink: Good luck and be strong!
    96946.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • Welcome aboard!! I've been using Myfitnesspal for just a few months and I love it. I agree with those members who have replied to your message. Log your food in for the day!! You get to see the whole picture and if your diary is showing more calories than you want, you can change the foods you are going to eat for the day. Much better than getting a "surprise" at the end of the day with not enough calories left to have an evening snack. I adjusted my food intake yesterday to I could have a piece of carrot cake with the company we had for supper and still had calories left. Good luck!!! You can do it!!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Welcome:happy: You will like this site. It's really a great help. And look at you BrenNew! You're just a heartbeat away from your goal. Congratulations. Best of luck to you both. Jackie

Awww, thanks for the congratulations Jackie!
    I am just sooooo grateful for MFP! I couldn't have lost the weight without it! (I've tried EVERYTHING else, and NOTHING worked!)
    MFP REALLY, REALLY works, so keep at it, and it will do the same for you too!
  • CasperNZ
    CasperNZ Posts: 8 Member
    Thanks for the welcome guys :)

I like the idea of entering food for the day before you eat it. Hubby got McDonalds tonight to celebrate signing up for a new house, and all the healthy options weren't available from the local store :( So now I'm over my calories but not by too much and I resisted the chips :D I was very proud of myself!