Party game ideas for small group of 6?? Have any?

Options
SolidGoaled
SolidGoaled Posts: 504 Member
We are having friends over tomorrow and would love some ideas for fun games. We'll have 6 people (3 couples) and there will be drinking and food - any card games, board games or other types of games that anyone could recommend would be great. We all know eachother pretty well and love to laugh and have a good time. Looking forward to your ideas. (I immediately thought of Presidents and *kitten*, but I figure at 38 - 40 years old, maybe we're too old for that now??)

Thanks!

Replies

• thatmaggiegirl
    Options
    We are having friends over tomorrow and would love some ideas for fun games. We'll have 6 people (3 couples) and there will be drinking and food - any card games, board games or other types of games that anyone could recommend would be great. We all know eachother pretty well and love to laugh and have a good time. Looking forward to your ideas. (I immediately thought of Presidents and *kitten*, but I figure at 38 - 40 years old, maybe we're too old for that now??)

Thanks!

My question is... what's Presidents and *kitten*. Sounds like my type of game (maybe), and at 26 hopefully I'm not too old for it! :)
  • groucherella
    Options
    THINGS is a blast with funny groups and alcohol
    Balderdash
    Apples to Apples
  • rbrobb81
    rbrobb81 Posts: 3
    Options
    Apples to Apples, Mad Gab is pretty fun
  • BifDiehl
    BifDiehl Posts: 474
    Options
    You're not too old! My husband and I have a group of friends that get together and we love playing those old college drinking games. Granted, we don't drink nearly as much as we used to!!

But a great board game that we absolutely LOVE is called Smart *kitten* - just googled it and it popped up on Walmart's website. It's a trivia game that's really fun.

Have fun with your friends!
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Apples to Apple, CatchPhrase....Mafia, is a favorite of mine.....Balderdash.....
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Catch phrase is the best party game ever! Especially if you get the guys against the girls.

You also can't go wrong with Taboo. =)
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Guestures...charades, so so so much fun...great party game
  • chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427
    Options
    SHOTS(not chutes) AND LADDERS!!! kidding :laugh: scattergories and taboo are our "friends over" games. soooo much laughing!
  • cathiec13
    Options
    Have you played the card game DOG?

If there are 6 people playing, take 6 sets of cards from a deck.
    4 Kings, 4, Queens, 4 5's...

Shuffle the cards and deal them all out.
    Everyone should have 4 cards.

Start passing cards one at a time to the person to your right.
    The game should move quickly.

When you have four of a kind, quietly stop passing cards and put your finger on your nose.
    The last person to notice and put a finger on their nose is the DOG.

Have fun whatever you play!
  • AngelicaDulas
    Options
    http://www.partygameideas.com/dinner-party/

http://www.partygameideas.com/murder-mystery-party/

These are a few neat ideas that don't require purchasing a board game and they have interaction with everone. Especially if you're a close group and aren't afraid to be silly! :D Have fun!
  • ahanson6
    ahanson6 Posts: 102
    Options
    My in-laws always play poker when they have a group over. We rotate around the table and each person gets to call their favorite game. It's always very fun, but the down side is that we usually end up staying up until 4 in the morning playing.
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Cranium is a fun game!
    it combines card game, board game, charades, pictionary, etc to make one big super-game.. i love it!

as far as drinking games, i like to get Truth or Dare Jenga and write my own little rules on the blank blocks such as: "take 3 drinks" or "make a monkey sound each time you're about to talk" or "chug for 5 seconds"

hope you have a ball! :drinker:
  • ahanson6
    ahanson6 Posts: 102
    Options
    Cranium is a fun game!
    it combines card game, board game, charades, pictionary, etc to make one big super-game.. i love it!

as far as drinking games, i like to get Truth or Dare Jenga and write my own little rules on the blank blocks such as: "take 3 drinks" or "make a monkey sound each time you're about to talk" or "chug for 5 seconds"

hope you have a ball! :drinker:

I forgot about drinking Jenga! So much fun! Now I want to have a party.
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    There's actually a board game out there called Sex Drive. I played with a group of friends and we had the best time! It's basically a dirty "adult" version of Cranium. lol Not sure if it's readily available or if you have to go thru novelty shops or online. It belonged to my friend, not sure where she got it. But if you can find it, it's killer for a group of fun loving adults. :) Hand and Foot is a fun card game (you need at least 4 decks of cards tho). Apples to Apples (as suggested by many others) is way fun with groups. My hubby and I have played "drinking Life"... makes the game so much more fun!
  • SierraBurns87
    SierraBurns87 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Uno Attack really gets everyone going! It's for all ages.... I'm in my 20's but my parents also play it with their friends. You can find it at walmart or anyplace with board games! Have fun!
  • brancakes
    brancakes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    We love scattegories!!! and I also bought a JENGA and turned into a fun drinking game. I wrote on each block something they have to do after they pull it out (whether it be give out or take so many drinks/ trade an article of clothing with the person next to you/ sing your fav brittney spears song for 30 secs/ be beer ***** for so many rounds/ they can only pull blocks with their other hand from now on/ stuff like that) it really gets things going. and of course who ever knocks it over has to chug their drink. I have a gazillion drinking games I kinda the queen of them haha let me know if you'd like more :)

ah someone above talked about drinking jenga! it's a lot of fun. there is also a game called Partini, it's like cranium but it's a drinking game, i found it at target.