What can I do to shred this? (w/ pics)

Options
this is all i have left to lose!! I see some of you ladies with before and after pics going from this to a toned and flat stomach and I was wondering if someone could help tell me what workouts to do to get rid of this and how many reps and what not. I know cardio but I really want to have this area toned!! anything will help :smile:

1qjwgl.jpg2m7g904.jpg

Replies

• shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    You can try zumba abs. Also I have been doing a Jullian Michaels 6 week 6 pack workout. These are good because they combind cardio and toning. Good luck!
  • Alphastate
    Alphastate Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    high rep crunches and other ab exercise will help tone your stomach but cardio and nutrition are the only way to lose the fat. You cannot spot reduce, so there are no specific exercise that will make the fat go away. The main place that we gain fat is usually the last place to lose it all so just keep up with a strict cardio routine and watch your diet, maybe lower the fat, depending on what you are currently taking in. Remember, if you do strength training, you are growing muscle, so if you do a ton of ab exercises, you grow the muscle under the fat. This will actually push the fat out more if you don't burn it off first. Hope this helps.
  • royam01
    royam01 Posts: 123
    Options
    Thats my problem too :(
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Oh I feel your pain! I am at a healthy and comfortable weight for myself, but I have to keep going because I can't seem to lose the baby weight in my stomach! It's so frustrating. Keep doing what you're doing, cardio, cardio, cardio. You have to lose the fat before you can tone.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    The Insanity workout will shred that.
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    No matter what people tell you, there is no way to localize fat burning in one area. You can do crunches and all that great stuff but you're just building muscle under the fat. Eventually it will come but that's just from very slow calorie burn.

Cardio is the key! Running, bikes, elliptical, ect... Once you loose that fat then you can tone up.

Good luck!
  • sirphilipe
    sirphilipe Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I think you look amazing.
  • saphire76
    saphire76 Posts: 102
    Options
    I think you look amazing.

Nice guy:)
  • ami789
    ami789 Posts: 47
    Options
    Clean eating and cardio. Abs are made in the kitchen.
  • triciah48
    triciah48 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue right now! I've lost some weight through this but I still have that soft, flabby tummy & arm crap. I spoke w/ a friend who is a nutritionist recently and she suggests drinking lots of water. No soda, even diet b/c of the syrups, gases, and sweetener in them. She added that I should watch sweetener intake as they make you bloat & crave more sweets, even though they're not real sugar. Though dairy can be good for you, she did say to watch it there too as it is high fat & also makes you bloat. Other than that, keep it up on the cardio, then you can begin to muscle sculpt once you have a flat "canvas". Good luck & wish me the same!