Rough housing/horseplay ???

Options
What would you use for that?

Replies

• Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I don't think I would log that as exercise.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I'd use a HRM.
  • ssawchenko
    Options
    Like Phil mentioned, unless you can track your actual heart rate it would be hard to put any numbers to it.
  • thkelly
    thkelly Posts: 466 Member
    Options

i don't get it? are people just looking for excuses to justify eating more food????
  • Superdupermom
    Options
    rough housing as you call it does burn calories, because you sweat ! If you dont sweat I wouldnt log it and if you do sweat I log it under wrestling. I dont thnk he is just trying to find a reason to eat more. Quite frankly I find it rude of you to say this to him because this website is all about support and understamding. Dieting is hard and either be supportive or keep to yourself.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options

i don't get it? are people just looking for excuses to justify eating more food????
    Ditto. Really, how long did you do it for? It couldn't have been long enough to be worth logging. I mean I guess it could have...but really?
  • Superdupermom
    Options
    He was wrestling with me and the dog at the same time for an hour and was sweating....I find no reason why people are being so rude is just asking question.
  • snackaddict
    Options
    I don't log anything unless I do it for 15 minutes or more. And I rough house with my dog for 30 minutes or more each day, sometimes more than once a day. My days are often busy as I am sure most people's days are. So if I can count this as an exercise I would like to.
    And it is not because I am looking to eat more, I have yet to go over my daily allotted calories. So this has nothing to do with eating. This has to do with me being ACCOUNTABLE for what I do in my quest for weight loss.
  • daniellejg
    Options
    I agree, there is no need for rude comments
  • Christie422
    Christie422 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Yes, no need to be rude...those of us who struggle with our weight get enough rude comments without getting them from the place we come to for support. I do like the heart rate monitor comment though...seems like a good idea.
  • emsibun
    emsibun Posts: 208
    Options
    Well I log the hour or so I spend running about throwing ball and chasing around with the kids during the holidays - if it raises your heartrate and it's sustained, perhaps log it as 'aerobics, low impact'?
  • loriannmartin
    loriannmartin Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    agreed... rudeness is always uncalled for ... when a question is asked if you wanna respond nastily dont even bother typing a reply....we all need to be supportive regardless if you have 5 lbs... or 70 or more lbs... there was a thread yesterday that had the same reaction... house cleaning as an exercise... yes for me it is i am sedentary due to back . any movement is better than o movement :-)

lori
  • 2burn
    2burn Posts: 32
    Options
    Definitely use a HR monitor, if not just log the time under wrestling. Don't pay attention to the negativity. Your question is very valid...it's all about accountability.
  • Superdupermom
    Options
    yes if you log EVERYTHING going into your body then you should log the calories coming OFF!. That is like telling me pushing a stroller doesnt need to be logged or when I bust my *kitten* scrubbing my floor! some stuff is in the data base and some stuff isnt so we try to find the closest...Doesnt mean we EAT ALL the calories we burn off...No matter what I stay under 1500 calories a day!
    I am a stay at home mom and its hard to excercise specially in the winter..so I got the wii, cleaning, and roughhousing as he called it and a indoor bike. This is a place to get support and help and for NO judgment. So roughhouse on hunny and log it after 15 minutes! You go boy!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    rough housing as you call it does burn calories, because you sweat ! If you dont sweat I wouldnt log it and if you do sweat I log it under wrestling. I dont thnk he is just trying to find a reason to eat more. Quite frankly I find it rude of you to say this to him because this website is all about support and understamding. Dieting is hard and either be supportive or keep to yourself.

For sure if you exercise, log it... cleaning, rough housing.

Why is he asking though, if you were with him and did the same exercise, and you logged it under wrestling?
  • Superdupermom
    Options
    simply because he didnt ask me he came on here to ask others....he didnt even know i logged it til i posted. We dont discuss everything LOLz have a great day!