Can't wait to get started!

Options
Hi everyone from BC, Canada.

I have yoyoed long enough! I'm going to find it hard to eat all my calories, because as you all no doubt know, it is a head game. "Wanna lose weight, mustn't eat"!! I have known the principle a long time, and still find it hard to "eat to lose" but I'm going to give it my best shot. Got 60 lbs to lose.

Replies

• franmac
    Options
    Hi everyone from BC, Canada.

I have yoyoed long enough! I'm going to find it hard to eat all my calories, because as you all no doubt know, it is a head game. "Wanna lose weight, mustn't eat"!! I have known the principle a long time, and still find it hard to "eat to lose" but I'm going to give it my best shot. Got 60 lbs to lose.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome!
    Between your "best shot" and MFP, you WILL be able to lose the 60 pounds that you want to, and, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Yes, eat to lose is a hard concept to grasp, eating exercise seems counter-productive! But so many of us are living proof that it's not! Hopefully MFP can help you on your journey! Good luck!:flowerforyou: