Why does eating raw veggies make me feel soo hungry??

jnite
jnite Posts: 108 Member
edited September 26 in Health and Weight Loss
Whenever I eat raw veggies for lunch or a snack they always leave me hungrier than when I started, what is up with that?

Replies

• carla760
    carla760 Posts: 3 Member
    I have noticed that once before also. Then again when I drink a lot of water I feel more hungry then ever!! Not sure.
  • moranimal
    moranimal Posts: 18
    They are low in calories. If it's all you are having for a snack, you should have 3-4 cups at least and don't forget the water. 20oz minimum of water with the veggies will help fill you up.
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Maybe you're getting gassy and it's actually that pressure or the air in your digestive track that makes you think you're hungry. Try Beano first and see if that helps...
  • Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    I'm the same way. The fact is, you're not going to fill up on vegetables and water, not if you're truly hungry. You need a balanced mix of protein, fats, and carbohydrates to feel properly full.

I think raw vegetables are helpful if you just need something to snack on when you just want to munch. And water is fine if you tend to not get enough anyway.

For real hunger, though, you need to eat Real Food (you can tell I'm not a big fan of vegetables, haha!) mixed with vegetables.
  • jnite
    jnite Posts: 108 Member
    Yesterday for lunch I had 6 baby carrots, 8 baby tomaoes, 3 celery stalks, 6 brocoli florets and 6cauliflower florets and after all that I felt soo starved, like I hadn't even ate any thing. Almost makes you not want to eat them......
  • Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Yesterday for lunch I had 6 baby carrots, 8 baby tomaoes, 3 celery stalks, 6 brocoli florets and 6cauliflower florets and after all that I felt soo starved, like I hadn't even ate any thing. Almost makes you not want to eat them......

That's not much of a lunch. Try adding two whole wheat slices of bread with some kind of lean meat (90 calories worth), put the tomatoes on the sandwich with fresh spinach, add one serving of Baked Lays and a cup of soup, then eat the vegetables with that. That's about a 400 calorie lunch, and it will fill you up.
  • Veggies alone, for me, absolutely do not fill me up. I might have just veggies for a snack, but not for a meal. If I felt like I had to eat like this all the time (depriving myself) I would not change my way of eating and I would go back to the way I was eating before. A good balance & variety will keep you on track.

This is not very much to eat and it's not very well rounded. I would add protein and a whole grain as well - it will keep you full longer.
This discussion has been closed.