so does anyone have a true answer for thighs

Options
just need to know why my thighs do not respond to weights every part of my body is leaning out and toning except my thigh it crazy what am i doing wrong someone told me light weight high reps my dad says train till failure i dont know. please anyone who truly has a answer would be nice

Replies

• bobbijo72
    bobbijo72 Posts: 63
    Options
    i also have this issue. arms and stomach are thinning. thighs stay the same. ugh.. pants are loose eveyrwhere but thighs are snug.. wth?
  • EbonyGemstoneHealth
    EbonyGemstoneHealth Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    humm at this point im thnking of hiring a trainer or liposuction just to get my body even to me i feel like my thighs are huge for whatever reason even at 140 and 5'8 i just dont get it!
  • jenneyd
    jenneyd Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    all I keep reading is "it's the first place your body stores fat and it is the last place to loose it" so keep on keeping on! But I must say, DAMN girl! way to go and you are BEAUTIFUL! Good luck to you!
  • crystaldougherty
    crystaldougherty Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue, and all I know is lunges and squats help massively....
  • emchamberlain
    emchamberlain Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    If you want the scientific answer... genetics determines where our fat cells are deposited. So if your body naturally wants to store fat in your thighs, then there it goes. Reducing your overall bodyfat reduces fat cell SIZE, not quantity. You'll still have the same number of fat cells. Nothing you can do through diet and exercise can change where your body is programmed to store fat cells or reduce the quantity of fat cells.

But, of course, reducing your overall bodyfat percentage will make everything shrink!
  • JennaLee1486
    JennaLee1486 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    The light weight and high reps thing is true. You could try pilates? It works to make your muscles long and lean not bulky. I know the pilates class I do has a TON of thigh and leg work.
  • njitalian76
    Options
    THIGH MASTER?
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    all I keep reading is "it's the first place your body stores fat and it is the last place to loose it" so keep on keeping on! But I must say, DAMN girl! way to go and you are BEAUTIFUL! Good luck to you!

thanks so much but it hard to see it when i look at these thighs and yes i understand genetics but im sorry just cant buy it all seen too many people out do there genetics in the gym so that one i wont accept not one bit sorry. i was also told i could never get to 140 too was nice to prove people on that note to since in high scool i was 160 my so call natural weight but im doing something wrong and have to try a different angle for my thighs and pilates sounds like something? i have the chair in my closet. and the thigh master?? lol do they still even make those.............:laugh: