Just wondering....

Options
How much weight do you have to lose to drop a size? Is it different for everyone? I have lost 19 lbs since I started back in Jan. and I'm still wearing the same jeans. They are looser but I can't wait for them to be falling off! What's the deal?

Replies

• lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    You are right, since everyone is different that happens at different rates.
    Im only 5'4" so seem to drop a size each 15 pounds, or so. I've actaully gone from a tight size 18 when I started to just getting into size 10's lately . . . and this is with an over 50 pound loss.
  • wannabefree
    wannabefree Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'4". It gets so frustrating! Also I'm still waiting for someone to notice that I've lost weight!
  • fsugirl26
    fsugirl26 Posts: 207
    Options
    It took me 40 lbs to drop 2 sizes, so 20lbs per size for me! I have really wide hips though...
  • gpacheco0768
    gpacheco0768 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I've lost 27 pounds since 1/1/2011, I was squeezing into 12's, 14's were tight, now they are all loose and I am able to wear some of the 10's in my closet. So, I would say, don't worry too much about the clothes for now, they'll eventually be too big to wear, and when that time comes, enjoy it! Also, don't worry about others commenting on your loss (I've found most people are embarassed to ask because they don't want to make you feel bad.) You see your own progress, and ask close friends to let you know when they see changes, so you can get motivation from that... keep it up!
  • kittyinaz
    kittyinaz Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I've lost 26 lbs and haven't dropped even one size :( ... No inches either. Although my feet have gotten much skinner and I see the difference in my collar bone area and face.
  • marleyfu
    marleyfu Posts: 16
    Options
    That's a good question. Sorry that I don't have the answer. Did you try a smaller size?
  • Kamin321
    Kamin321 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hang in there ... it will happen!! Everyone's body is different and we all lose in different areas. Also, it takes me alot of weight to lose before anyone starts noticing .. so try not to let that get you down! You are doing great!!
  • JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    It seems all clothes fit differently too- the same size in 2 different pants fit totally different.
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    You could lose weight and not change sizes at all.....due to gaining muscle while losing fat. Although a pound of fat and a pound of muscle weigh the same, fat is lumpier and bulkier than muscle...so you could lose 2 pounds of fat and gain 1 pound of muscle (net loss 1 pound) but stay the same physical size. Hope that makes sense.
  • wannabefree
    wannabefree Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your encouragement! It really helps!:smile: By the way, it finally happened this afternoon. Someone I haven't seen in a few months stopped by and said I looked really good. She asked if I had new glasses and when I told her no she looked me up and down and asked if I lost weight! I am soo motivated now! What a wonderful feeling to have someone notice!:happy: