it's been quite some time now.. figured i would update

Options
wow, so i think its been about 2 months since i checked in here. well i managed to get 39 lbs off and then found out i was pregnant in september. currently i am 12 1/2 weeks :happy: and there have been several ups and downs within just this past couple months. however, the dr said 15-20 lbs for pregnancy weight gain. not much to work with there. i gained 3, then lost 2, then back up again. everyday is different lol. they did an early glucose test (1hour test) and i passed it with flying colors!! this is big! considering i have PCOS :smile:
so far my biggest struggle was that they put me on lots of hormones my first trimester and one of them was in such a large does that it gave me the munchies all day long! no kiddn! i mean i felt like i was picking at food all day long! thankfully that part is over now and the supplements are finished for now!

so just wanted to say hello again :flowerforyou: hope every one is doing good and staying motivated!

Replies

• heyjuede
    heyjuede Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    wow, so i think its been about 2 months since i checked in here. well i managed to get 39 lbs off and then found out i was pregnant in september. currently i am 12 1/2 weeks :happy: and there have been several ups and downs within just this past couple months. however, the dr said 15-20 lbs for pregnancy weight gain. not much to work with there. i gained 3, then lost 2, then back up again. everyday is different lol. they did an early glucose test (1hour test) and i passed it with flying colors!! this is big! considering i have PCOS :smile:
    so far my biggest struggle was that they put me on lots of hormones my first trimester and one of them was in such a large does that it gave me the munchies all day long! no kiddn! i mean i felt like i was picking at food all day long! thankfully that part is over now and the supplements are finished for now!

so just wanted to say hello again :flowerforyou: hope every one is doing good and staying motivated!
  • gmpearse
    gmpearse Posts: 136
    Options
    Congrats!!! Keep us posted on your progress.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!! The most important thing is that you and the baby are healthy. So don't worry about weight gain...it will come off once you have the baby. Just continue to eat healthy and if you can do some light exercises. Take care!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • MollySue30
    MollySue30 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Congratz, I wish you the best of luck, yes the best thing right now is for you and the baby to stay healthy, just don't get stressed out about the weight that you will put on just make sure that you try to walk everyday and you will do just fine.

Good Luck!!!!!

Molly
  • PurdyMommy
    PurdyMommy Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Best wishes for you and baby!
  • heyjuede
    heyjuede Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    thanks :) i made a pact with myself today to start eating healthy again. the veggies and fruit have not really been on the menu lately as my preggo self has been craving only carbs. i am struggling with getting meat down lately, just the thought makes me wanna gag.

i have started walking with a co worker last week. weather is nasty today so thats that idea... the dr pulled me out of the gym in september and said no more so trying to keep myself on a healthy track is pretty hard. i never thought i would miss the gym as much as i do.

i guess i am not as worried about the weight as i am about the sugar issues with PCOS and i am trying to stay ahead of gestational diabetes. my drs were smart and are keeping me on my metformin so i have a fighting chance to not get it :)
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Congrats.