What's your wittiest response?

Options
mckant
mckant Posts: 217 Member
When someone makes a rude comment about your new, healthier lifestyle what's your quickest response? I get so sick of hearing "you should eat more" or "you shouldn't work out so much" and comments along those lines. I recently found out I'll be losing my job and our family health insurance so I usually respond by saying "I'm just a tiny bit stressed out right now". That usually shuts them up! :laugh:

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I usually just say "Leave me alone. I'm fat."
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I need answers for this!! I usually get flustered and clam up. :(
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Oh wow. I`m really sorry to hear that. I dont really get many comments other than `good for you`.
  • summerfun21
    Options
    I heard on a lady on a soap opera one day say "The day I need your advice will be the day I kill myself"...Love it!!!
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    "Drink your haterade a little early today?" or my personal favorite "Suck it!"
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    i get heaps of fat insinuations, so when they in the your not fat mood i throw their words back in their face.
    My key line is ull still call me fat even if im anorexic.
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    "....now, now, careful there, your audacity is showing :smile: ". Not so witty, but true.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I hear those same two ALLLLLL the time! Ah, So nice to hear I'm not the only one!
    If the eat more is in person, I tell them I ate 3,000 calories yesterday.. Shuts them up quickly. If it's online, I don't respond haha..
    When I hear I workout too much, I just tell them how much I love it. But I don't hear that nearly as much as the first!

I've found silence is the smartest response haha.. Preserves dignity :-p Besides, I've found they don't generally mean it like I take it :-p (yea yea, a smidge off topic)
  • snowflakelaia
    Options
    I just say: I do what's good for my body and mind. I've never felt any better.

I know that they say that because they see me much better than they see themselves. ^_^
  • bp1984
    bp1984 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Just say "whatever you have to say to make yourself feel better" and walk away

And just remember.... Haters are your biggest fans
  • menchi
    menchi Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I usually just say "Leave me alone. I'm fat."

Or maybe "Leave me alone, you're fat." would get them to not talk to you anymore. Wow this thread is really fanning my snarky side... so at least in my case, it is probably best to stay silent unless I'm sure I want to burn bridges. Besides, a silent look that says "Really? Are you really saying that to me? What are you, completely insensitive?!" usually does the trick... oh and raised single eyebrow :huh: would be a plus. :bigsmile:

Those comments are the exact reason I don't tell people I'm dieting. I tell people on a need-to-know basis (i.e. my bf who lives with me). Plus I want to hear the comments that recognize I've lost weight and look great from people who genuinely notice (hasn't happened yet, but I'm not holding my breath).
  • VictorinoDennis
    Options
    I can change my lifestyle to lose weight but you can't change being ugly.
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Just say....Thanks for your concern:)) and keep it movin sista!!!

People will ALWAYS have something to say about everything....don't jump hoops for them trying to always give account to THEM:)) You owe this to yourself....don't worry about them.

I had someone post on facebook after my food diary linked through, that I needed to just be happy with myself and go get ice cream and a cheeseburger....ummmm NOT!!!!

You have us as a fitness family:)) That's why I stay on this site more than anything else...."haters" will pull you down honey....shake em off:))
  • kam81
    kam81 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Its not very witty, but telling them how great you feel and how much healthier you are may make them change the subject.