Hi, new here

Options
Ok, this is it---it's time to lose weight! I'm 40 and I've HAD ENOUGH! My ultimate goal is to lose 50 lbs, but I'm going in small increments-- 10lbs at a time. I d/l the app a few weeks ago because I was just curious how many calories I was taking in. Well, I about fell over when my morning coffee w/ International Delight and Milk was *500 CALORIES*! After I went to the dr. last week and my blood pressure was 140/90, I figured it's TIME. (besides-I want to blow my ex's new GF away---she's heavier than me so I already have a jump start, lol)

So, I've been keeping track and I am able to keep my intake around 1200 calories a day. I'm doing this a little at a time, I"m not making a total transformation because THAT'S when I fail. I don't drive so I ride my bike a lot (and walk) so I am just going to ride more and harder. I live in "Rocky Point" -- nuff said, lol.

My main problem is WHAT to eat. I"ve been eating salad and oatmeal the last few days because I'm afraid to eat anything that will take me over 1200 calories. (Oh and I switched my coffee for tea and dropped about 470 calories, lol).

So that's my story.

Ps--If my scale is right, I lost 3 lbs this week, but I'll be more impressed when it's 5 lol.

Replies

• Chikeebabe
    Chikeebabe Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi Anjel! Revenge can be a great motivator! :laugh: Try not to get too hung up on the number and be sure to celebrate each success. 3lbs is as important as 5lbs! I'm on day three and have been struggling with what to eat too. Seems like there's never enough - right? So, I've been cutting my banana in half and eating 1/2C of grapes instead of 1C.

I had a great dinner tonight. With a Trader Joe's Salmon patty, an entire bag of spinach and 1/2C of butternut squash. Very filling and around 21o calories. That left me with a lot of room to work with today.

I bet with the bike riding you'll rack up some extra food! Start Pedaling!

Good luck to you~
    Chikeebabe
  • Rhonda665
    Rhonda665 Posts: 10
    Options
    You can do this! Sounds like you have a good start by riding your bike. At the very least you are getting in some great exercise. I have basically stayed within my 1200 by eating cottage cheese, eggs, turkey, chicken, beans etc. I have found I do better with lots of protein and vegetables instead of salads. If I let myself get really hungry, I am more likely to eat anything that sounds good so I try to eat throughout the day. I usually end up with about 600-700 calories to use for dinner and evening snack. Hope this helps!
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    A few changes to reach your goal is all it takes but don't deprive yourself and make sure your eating your calories.
  • vxg5
    vxg5 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Goood job keep up the good strong work don"t be afraid to eat other things make a protein shake in the morning. eat salad and protein for lunch and the same for dinner. welcome to the site !! I love it....:happy: :happy:
  • Kristinapedia
    Kristinapedia Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Sounds like you have a good start by riding your bike. At the very least you are getting in some great exercise. I have basically stayed within my 1200 by eating cottage cheese, eggs, turkey, chicken, beans etc. I have found I do better with lots of protein and vegetables instead of salads. If I let myself get really hungry, I am more likely to eat anything that sounds good so I try to eat throughout the day. I usually end up with about 600-700 calories to use for dinner and evening snack. Hope this helps!

Thanks Rhonda! I posted on FB because my first couple days were VERY frustrating and I couldn't get below 1200 calories, but I got some awesome ideas and suggestions from so many people. Someone told me the same that you do--save as many calories for dinner. My problem is I'm getting hungry during the day.. My other problem is, I cannot eat breakfast or else I am STARVING 2 -3 hrs later, yet if i DON'T eat breakfast I can go to at least 1 pm w/o eating. (I get up at 7-7:30 every day).. I tried three times so far and I just can't do it. I am drinking more water but that doesn't help at all-- I just pee it out, lol. I was in the bathroom every 45-60 min today. Makes working in retail quite frustrating, lol.

Since I'm taking this step by step, my first goal is just to EAT LESS. Lord knows I LOVE food and eating too much is my main problem, so that's why I'm focusing on the 1200 calories. Once I get used to eating 1200/per day, I"ll fine tune WHAT I'm eating (tho I have done that somewhat so as to not defeat the purpose)

And Riding just 15 min. uphill a day burns a couple hundred calories. :)