They're all against me! lol

Options
So today was my birthday, and my husband showed up from work with a bottle of Tequila Rose for me, then took me out to Olive Garden. My mom sent me a package of Godiva white chocolate truffles (filled with white chocolate 0.0), and my mother in law sent me a cheesecake. >.< I actually did really good with the Godiva, I only ate 2 then threw them away. Then at Olive Garden I just gave up and figured I'd have a fail day today lol but the cheesecake came and I'm like..its cheesecake..not only cheesecake, but cheesecake FILLED with strawberry filling. Throwing it in the trash seems like blashemy lol.

Replies

• carcar03
    carcar03 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Maybe bring it to work on Monday and share it with coworkers?
  • jennro7781
    jennro7781 Posts: 208
    Options
    Happy Birthday!!! Isn't it interesting how we celebrate so much with food?
  • Hsanders3961
    Hsanders3961 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    But hey! You ENJOYED your birthday! Tomorrow is a new day! You can work out extra hard and get back to normal. Hope you enjoyed some of that cheesecake for the rest of us, LOL. And happy happy birthday to you!
  • krystleRD
    krystleRD Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    olive garden its not that bad you just have to avoid the bread sticks and all the salad lol... but you can choose healty their... and the chocolate i would have cried lol and cheesecake I would have gave to someone else..
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    It's not a bad day. It's just a different kind of good day. A rare one. Happy birthday!
  • Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    Options
    It's your birthday! You are entitled to enjoy it :) and if it's just one off day you never know it could help you. When I am doing really well with eating spiking my cals one day sommetimes helps me lose.

Anyway happy birthday!!
  • Picky_nikki
    Picky_nikki Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!! I hope you enjoyed your day!!
  • Brandie6004
    Brandie6004 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    But hey! You ENJOYED your birthday! Tomorrow is a new day! You can work out extra hard and get back to normal. Hope you enjoyed some of that cheesecake for the rest of us, LOL. And happy happy birthday to you!

I totally 2nd that! Happy Birthday! :D
  • ContinuousEffort
    Options
    hahaha. Happy Birthday!
  • palasa
    palasa Posts: 4
    Options
    DONT DO IT!!!!!.... GIVE IT TO YOUR NEIBORS IF YOU CANNOT HANDLE IT IN THE HOUSE..... REALLY ITS NOT WORTh IT
  • zumba_gal
    zumba_gal Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    i understand how u feel everyday my husband stops at the store and picks up junk food and buys everything i like, kills me somethimes and then i give in, starting tomorrow i will be cleaning out the house... but it is hard to do that cause of me having to kids.. ugh drives me crazy!
  • menchi
    menchi Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    One day a year, you should be able to just let loose and enjoy. Happy birthday!!

An aside, I have a 30 day super cheat rule where I allow myself a mental health day where I just eat what I want and do what I want. Doesn't mean I stuff my face as fast as I can, just means I'm not going to sweat the little things and be intuitive. Last time I did it (way more than 30 days ago), I gained a pound but was so much happier with the day of not worrying about calories. For me at least, the occasional indulgence really helps me stay on track and be happy with myself.
  • perrytyra
    perrytyra Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! I hope you enjoyed it.
  • innerexp
    innerexp Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    First of all, Happy Birthday! I think the important thing to keep in mind is that to be successful with weight loss, this has to be a total lifestyle change. And if that's the case, one day of celebration is just that, one day :) So enjoy it, and return to clean eating tomorrow. And if there are remaining goodies in the morning, give them away.
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I have two words for you rebel:))...........HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't sweat it boo....just bounce back tomorrow:))

You are a good one to throw away those chocolates:)) but I understand....they got me in trouble o so many times:))
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! You're just doing the zig zag thing right? I'm sure tomorrow will be a better eating day! Glad you enjoyed your b-day! :)
  • Terriwin
    Terriwin Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!

Sounds like you had fun for your birthday and that is what matters. Just think of it as your treat day.

I sighed when I read that you threw away your chocolates. :) Although I can easily throw away cake - even cheesecake, I cannot throw away chocolate. I love chocolate! A month ago, I ordered chocolate from my daughter's school fundraiser and (just as I am one pound from being out of the obese and into the overweight category - yay!), the chocolate arrived early this week. Three boxes: Dark Chocolate covered almonds, Cashew clusters, and Pecan clusters.

So, what I did... I checked the calorie count for a serving, planned when I could have it, and have been eating 1 serving after dinner for dessert. What I have learned in this modified weight loss journey... when I deprive myself of things I love, I abandon my goals because my eating feels artificial. So, I double up on veggies, burned a few extra calories, and enjoy my occasional after dinner treat. For me, it's all about making smarter decisions that I can maintain long-term. Long-term, I'm not giving up chocolate. :)
  • MissGeorgiaPeachy
    MissGeorgiaPeachy Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    olive garden its not that bad you just have to avoid the bread sticks and all the salad lol... but you can choose healty their... and the chocolate i would have cried lol and cheesecake I would have gave to someone else..

The breadsticks and salad are the ONLY reason I go to Olive Garden!! lol I don't think I would have been able to throw away the chocolates... and if it had been chocolate cheesecake, I'm pretty sure my entire week would have been shot. >.<

Happy Birthday to you!
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    lol thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! And I know you can eat well at Olive Garden, but I totally didn't lol but I was ok with that as a treat. The cheesecake tends to last a few days which I was worried about but I had a slice last night, and then told my husband he could have the rest. Here's to hoping I can stick with that lol maybe I'll make him take it to work. I feel like crud this morning though, jumped on the scale and it was 4lbs higher than it was yesterday 0.o I'm hoping it's mostly water weight from all the sodium at Olive Garden, and I'm making myself not stress about it since it isn't my technical "weigh in day".
  • keljo05
    keljo05 Posts: 173
    Options
    happy belated bday!

i'm glad you enjoyed your bday.. but your body is reminding you that it prefers the healthier foods :).... use that as motivation to avoid more cheesecake.

as far as the cheesecake goes, I'd slice it up in half portion sizes...and freeze them. Then plan a piece a week or two somewhere in your menu plan. You still get to enjoy it, but in heathier moderation :)

as far as the 4lbs...drink water water water..lots and lots of water, lol...