New and need encouragement!!!!

Options
I am a sigle mom and have tried other diets but can't seem to get motivated. I need all the support I can get. Here I go I can do this!!!

Replies

• yenohamk
    yenohamk Posts: 117
    Options
    You can do it!!! Consider it done. Just keep logging, and keep expressing yourself, and asking for what you need, and exercising (!!), and you will find success.
  • Rebjones612
    Rebjones612 Posts: 408
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend.
    We will do this together. Its always nice to have friends that support and encourage you!:smile:
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    this site is great for support and encouragement!!
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Welcome! This site is great for support and encouragement! I sent you a friend request! Good luck
  • Ree_Chatelain
    Ree_Chatelain Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Just remember, it took a long time to get where you are and it's not going to go away over night. But you can do it just stay strong.
  • elizabethjuliet
    Options
    I've tried lots of diets before and always gave up after a week or two, but I've been staying on track with this site for almost a month now and have lost almost six pounds- this site is really great. Logging in everyday and reporting every thing that goes into my mouth and all my exercise and then having it show up for all my friends really motivates me and helps me to stay on track. I use the mobile app on my phone too. Also, the food database has absolutely everything! One helpful thing is the database also has almost all of the recipes on eatingwell.com which has some really awesome stuff. Everything I've made there has been delicious. Best of luck!
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    I'm a single mom too... feel free to add me.
    :flowerforyou:
  • jjl080809
    jjl080809 Posts: 23
    Options
    I'm pretty new too - today is my 5th day.

This site is awesome and lots of encouragement and you'll love it, feel free to add me!
  • hydee77
    hydee77 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am new here as well just signed up today. I thigk this site is awsome from what i've seen and i think it can be an amazing tool for both of us. Good luck on your weight loss journey. The fact that you are here and ask for encoragement shows that you are ready to take the first steps to a new you.
  • mdchica83
    Options
    This site is a wonderful place to go to help you reach your goals. I know that now I'm more aware of what I eat and want to actually add the exercise I do. Good luck in your journey.
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Welcome welcome welcome!!! :flowerforyou: Glad to have you aboard!! Ive been here 2 months and have a lot of weight to lose but I take one day at a time and log everything that crosses my lips! I started out exercise with walking a very short distance like 10 min tops! Now I walk 30 min in the evening with my dogs.. do pool exercise for an hour and also started Zumba last week for around 20-30 daily. So just start out slow and easy and log your food and you will lose weight! Be smart about your choices. I eat salad every meal along with my protein and carbs!
    You will do fine!! Add me as a friend if you would like!

4925355.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Brroookkkkeeeee
    Options
    I haven't been here long but I like the support from everyone
  • mkennedym
    mkennedym Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    you can do it. just try to follow your calorie goals on mfp as closely as you can and try to be active for 30 minutes or more a day (get that heart rate up) and you will lose weight like it is scared of you.
  • NHGirl23
    NHGirl23 Posts: 2,657 Member
    Options
    you can do it. just try to follow your calorie goals on mfp as closely as you can and try to be active for 30 minutes or more a day (get that heart rate up) and you will lose weight like it is scared of you.

LOL, that is right scare that weight off!! This website is great-so many resources and helpful people! No one says it's easy, but you can absolutely do this if you put your mind (and body) to it. Good luck.
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! You CAN do this and you've come to the right place for support and friendship!! Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like and anyone else who would like too! Good luck!!
  • mary127
    mary127 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend too!
  • Superdupermom
    Options
    I am a sigle mom and have tried other diets but can't seem to get motivated. I need all the support I can get. Here I go I can do this!!!
    you can do it! I am a mom too and I use cleaning and such as exercise! I lost 6lbs in my week since I started and so can you! add me :)
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    welcome and good luck. request sent :)
  • dennypup
    dennypup Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm a single mom too, just started 3 weeks ago. We can do this!
  • polkataniec
    polkataniec Posts: 102
    Options
    Hi !and welcome! Since I started portion control of what I eat I started seeing the results!I remember my kids growing up,and I cooked all this yammy meals for them and it was so good,so I finished what they didnt eat on the top of my own plate! I hope that helps and good luck !:)