Daily calorie goal keeps changing

Options
Has anyone else noticed that the daily calorie goal keeps changing? It appears that when I log onto the computer to enter information the goals for my calories consumption keeps changing. For example one day it is 1650, the next it is up to over 2000, then down to 1850. I don't understand why this happening or how to fix it. I have tried setting my own limits and letting MFP do it and it happens all the time. Any suggestions about what is going on?

Replies

• muncharoo
    muncharoo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have no idea because it's not happening to me. sorry :)
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    This is because of the way MFP is designed. Calories are added for exercise when you log it, to keep your built in deficit stable - and therefore your weight loss stable. Yes, you are intended to eat those additional cals.

Here are some threads that explain how MFP works and how it calculates the goals/deficits.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/186814-some-mfp-basics

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficits
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    im not sure ive never had this problem mine always begins at 1200 and only changes when i exercise or eat
  • onawho
    onawho Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I think I know what you are talking about.....mine did it today (4-15-2011) It said I had X calories left before dinner, then I went back on to check something and it was 200 calories different and not in my favor. turns out MFP had deleted my cardio.

I just simply re-added it.
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    im not sure ive never had this problem mine always begins at 1200 and only changes when i exercise or eat

sorry dont know why it posted so many times and dont know how to delete
  • tlaker
    tlaker Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    its because some days you exercise more. gotta eat the cals back so your net calories is 1200.