Been here a week-time to say hello

Options
Hi,

I'm Cherrie, single mother of 3. I started using MFP a week and 2 days ago and already lost 5 lbs. Just 3 more lbs before I hit the 200 mark. I had already lost 10 lbs before joining by writing down and keeping track of calories but this site makes it so much easier and I find myself exercising more now that I can keep track of calories burned on here.

Replies

• hydee77
    hydee77 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I new here as well. I just started today. I think this site will be a big help to me a hope it will do the same for you. great job on the weight loss!
  • vfinn
    vfinn Posts: 16
    Options
    welcome
  • traceybett
    traceybett Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Great job on the wieghtloss! you are off to a great start! WELCOME to MFP :)
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I started with a hand written journal too. This is much more effective. Good luck on your journey.
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! Congratulations on your successes!!! Feel free to add me as a friend if you're looking for more encouragement! I love all the positive support here!!
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP and good luck on your weight loss journey :)
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Good start!! This site is awesome and the people are so supportive!! I lost 40 lbs 5 years ago before my last child, and now I"m back to lose 100. :) Keep going, you are doing great!!!
  • Rocki_
    Rocki_ Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hey Cherrie! You will find an amazing amount of support and information here. Feel free to add me if you would like to. HAPPY LOSING!!
  • mary127
    mary127 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Welcome Cherrie! I started just two weeks (& 2 days) ago with the app on my phone, and just did my intro on the message board yesterday and have been very happy at my results so far!! Really liking this message board and can see it will really help. Keep up the good work!
  • newmercy4me
    Options
    Howdy, I am new on here myself =) This is pretty cool though, I once read that when you log what you eat you tend to make better decsions since you see what the day was like. A few years ago some friends of mine and I decided to log what we ate and email it to each other every day as our New Years Resolution. Sadly I lasted the longest doing this and did it for 3 months, but I did loose weight and was feeling better. I am hoping that this community will help me to get on track once more. Sounds like you are up to a great start - keep going!!!
  • mary127
    mary127 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi Hydee, I just started the message board yesterday. I started MFP with my phone app two weeks ago and am very motivated. Feel free to add me as a friend, I need all the help I can get! Good luck to you.
  • makena78
    makena78 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome, I'm new here too. Haven't lost any weight yet but I can feel the difference already. I always lose my upper belly first (yay!). And that is such a great feeling. I thought keeping track of everything would be a pain. But, nope it's actually been great and I feel I want to do better after I see it in front of me. Get the application for your phone too. That helps when your out and about during the day. Add me as a friend and we can keep each other motivated. The more the merrier. lol good luck