read any good books

Options
dls06
dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
I can't sleep and I have read ever book in the house. I just got finished binging on 3 gramcrackers with peanutbutter and jelly and a salad. I am so bored I don't want to eat anything else. I like thrillers. any suggestions?

Replies

• shimila1101
    shimila1101 Posts: 119
    Options
    do you llike spy novels?
  • professor142
    professor142 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    James Patterson, Clive Cussler, Nelson Deimille
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    bump
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I like Clive Cussler, David Baldacci and Brad Thor.

One of the things I like about them is that they are non-sequential series. You don't necessarily have to read them in order, but you get to know the characters over time.
  • dls06
    Options
    do you llike spy novels?

Yes. any ideas?
  • dls06
    Options
    Thanks I'll go on amazon and do some shopping.
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    New book, An Apple for Zoe by Tom Amo. Supernatural thriller/mystery. First of 3 books! You can get it on Amazon and the Nook.
  • MrsRheiny1
    Options
    :smile: The Living and the Dead, by Anthony Enciso. Great read. a bit gritty, language not for the faint of heart, but not "raunchy".
  • MrsRheiny1
    Options
    above book available on Amazon Kindle, and can also be purchased on Barnes and Noble, tho not yet on the Nook. I have the hard back, and loved it.
  • snkeller24
    snkeller24 Posts: 459
    Options
    Under the Dome by Stephen King.
  • humanskin
    humanskin Posts: 42
    Options
    I just finished "How to Disappear Completely" by David Bowick. It's funny, a cute story, and a fast read.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Jonathan Kellerman, Faye Kellerman, Dennis Lehane suspense novels
  • dls06
    Options
    thanks to all!
  • Peaceoutmfp
    Options
    I can't sleep and I have read ever book in the house. I just got finished binging on 3 gramcrackers with peanutbutter and jelly and a salad. I am so bored I don't want to eat anything else. I like thrillers. any suggestions?

I have a similar problem tonight (as a matter of fact, I haven't slept well in years).... Late night eating has always been a problem. I haven't eaten tonight yet, but am starting to feel the urge... So, I know what you are going through.

Sometimes, reading helps me (ie: the bible, spiritual stuff, even stuff like Stephen King). What really seems to do the trick is just quietly meditating in an easy chair for a half hour, then crawling off to bed. That process seems to "shut my brain down," so I'm not thinking about anything. We all know it's hard to sleep when we have a ton of stress on the brain.....

Anyways, I think I'll try that now, lol.... If it doesn't work, you may see me in this thread again in a little bit. :)
  • dls06
    Options

I have a similar problem tonight (as a matter of fact, I haven't slept well in years).... Late night eating has always been a problem. I haven't eaten tonight yet, but am starting to feel the urge... So, I know what you are going through.

Anyways, I think I'll try that now, lol.... If it doesn't work, you may see me in this thread again in a little bit. :)

Sometimes, reading helps me (ie: the bible, spiritual stuff, even stuff like Stephen King). What really seems to do the trick is just quietly meditating in an easy chair for a half hour, then crawling off to bed. That process seems to "shut my brain down," so I'm not thinking about anything. We all know it's hard to sleep when we have a ton of stress on the brain.....

That's why I came on here. I find it keeps my mind off food even though all we talk about is food.
    someone else said they are thinking about throwing up because they ate too much!
  • cucoyannie
    Options
    there is a trilogy that starts with "the girl with a dragon tattoo that is very good.
  • Peaceoutmfp
    Options
    That's why I came on here. I find it keeps my mind off food even though all we talk about is food.
    someone else said they are thinking about throwing up because they ate too much!

I hear you, believe me - can't sleep either!

I'm going to try sticking around here for awhile, just so I don't eat. I'm still new here and have never really tried THAT before....

Anyways, hope you sleep better.... :)