DON'T GET TUNA.

Options
I'd just like to share a little of what I learned today eating at Subway, I usually love stopping by to get lunch there, either a turkey 6 inch or veggie 6 inch. However, today I thought wow tuna is fish, that'd be healthy let's try it out. WRONNNGG. I went on the nutritional website, and you know how much calories are in a 6 inch tuna sub on whole wheat? 530 CALORIES that is twice as much as they turkey (280 calories) or veggie (230 calories). Just warning ya'll, don't fall for the tuna! And don't add fatty dressing, try something light, or nothing at all.

Replies

• Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    I'm sure they add tons and tons of mayo to their tuna salad.

When I make it at home I add a bit of light mayo and dijon mustard. Works out great. :smile:
  • samrockrocks
    samrockrocks Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    yeah, tuna is terrible.
  • grdevoe
    grdevoe Posts: 16
    Options
    I'll have to make it at home if I ever want it from now on:P Was so sad threw my caloriessss UPPP
  • ladybossmed
    Options
    Tuna is not unhealthy or fattening. Look up the nutritional values on a can of tuna. It is low in fat and calories. What makes a tuna sandwich high in fat and calories is the extras that are on that sandwich such as mayo or oil and also the kind of bread used.
  • grdevoe
    grdevoe Posts: 16
    Options
    Ohh I know!! I love tuna!! Don't get me wrong, just saying if you're watching your calories and you hit up Subway, don't get tuna haha must be all the mayo
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    Subway tuna is horrible but I love tuna.

One of the best sources of protein out there. (Good protein at that.)
  • Shawnalee0703
    Shawnalee0703 Posts: 1,093
    Options
    I'll have to make it at home if I ever want it from now on:P Was so sad threw my caloriessss UPPP
    Tuna at home is NOT THAT HIGH! I promise! I eat an entire can on my own.... I use all natural Lemonaise light, or a little olive oil and mustard and it is DELICIOUS and not bad at all! Excellent protein! :-D DOn't give up on Tuna- just subway's tuna hehe
    But thanks for the heads up! :-D I usually get turkey or chicken breast myself.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Sometimes i make tuna sandwiches for the added protein I need. Good stuff! I never get the tuna at Subway though, I usually just get oven roasted chicken w/veggies and sweet onion..only 350 calories there. :smile:
  • LettyM62
    LettyM62 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I never fall for tuna or chicken salad away from home...they are full of fat and calories! I make my own low fat tuna & chicken salad , that way I know exactly what I'm eating!
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    I usually just get oven roasted chicken w/veggies and sweet onion..only 350 calories there. :smile:

Mmmm now I want Subway!
  • Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    When we make tuna salad, we just add onions and Dijonnaise...YUM! Yeah, Subway's tuna is one of their highest cal sandwiches along with the meatball sub....that is NOT worth it. I like to get the oven roasted chicken on 9 grain wheat with no cheese and the fat free sweet onion sauce, lettuce and tomato....I think it's only like 600 for a 12 inch.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Personally I prefer my tuna plain. I eat it straight from the can and it looks like cat food.