Stopping in to introduce myself

Options
Hi. My name is Gina... i have been traking my callories for about 5 weeks now and have lost a 32lbs.. Everyone im near says they can tell but its frustrating because i cant tell... my cloths dont feel loose my waist is the same... I just dont see it anywhere else but the scale. :cry: I have totally changed my eating habbits and im jumping through hoops to have gastric bypass. Im a little nervous about it but very committed to my decision.... I think i just need a few supportive friends who r going through this with me.. I know a handfull of people who have already had the surgery but would like to find a friend to talk with thar is at the same point in theprocess as i am... Anyone out there?

Replies

• annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    U have come so far and only have 70lbs to go to reach ur goal, y do u need surgery? I wouldn't do it unless I had a couple hundred extra pounds...
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Do a search on "WLS" (weight loss surgery) on the boards - there are several threads for those considering or who have had WLS. Good luck to you!
  • annacataldo
    Options
    Also, how have u lost 32lbs in 5weeks? That number concerns me personally. I've lost 22lbs in 6weeks but I have a lot more to lose than you so it comes off easier for me at first.

And just cuz the waist of ur clothes hasn't changed, doesn't mean ur body isn't changing..my waist is same but notice I have more room in lower tummy area of jeans... and my top part of tummy doesn't stick out as far
  • Sugar5593
    Sugar5593 Posts: 22
    Options
    Losing 100lbs is my goal for now but to be down to a health size i need to lose about 175 from my start point... (145 From now)if i can steadily lose that hundred before all the hoops are jumped then i would reconsider..... Ive tried several diets and exercise programs and pills and i always find that once i hit the 40ish lbs lost mark i just cant seem to lose after that... Even with continuing the programs or whatnot
  • Sugar5593
    Options
    I lost the first 25 in about 3 weeks cause i was sick with toncilitis and was only taking in about 600 calories a day
  • jamaka1
    jamaka1 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    i am not carrying ur weight so its easy for me to say dont do gastric bypass, but as someone in nursing i would say dont do it. it seems ur capable of losing weight on ur own, it will be slow but just remember it took many years for you to gain this wgt and it might take many years to take it off; be patient and do it safely. another thing to remember is that no matter what you do you will need willpower. i have known ppl who did this surgery and have not lost any weight bc they have not practice proper eating habits. you can do it.
  • annacataldo
    Options
    That explains it! Lol. So using this site, just keep sticking to it...if u plateu and several weeks have gone by, reexamine ur diary, etc..there's plenty of people on here that have lost 150lbs. I started out at 313, I'm now 292, my heaviest ever n past was 325...

A lot of new people don't get the concept of eating enough. They think diet and try to restrict as much as possible and excercise as much as possible... this isn't a diet, but a complete lifestyle change. If your diary says u need to eat 1800 a day, try to eat as close to that as possible, and when u work out, u want ur net calories to be at minimum 1200, but ideally they'd be at 1800.

Just remember, everyone plateus and that's ok.. take some measurments so when/ if u plateu u can check the measuring tape to see if uve lost any inches.

Ppl tell me they see I've lost weight but I can hardly tell, just a tad in tummy area but hardly. Most of my pants were really tight before but now they r a tad looser but still not too big...
  • Sugar5593
    Options
    I think im going to come on here more often.. There really is alot of good stuff here. Thanks Anna and everyone for the support. It really helps:smile: