Have i reached Plateau???

digby765
digby765 Posts: 163
edited September 26 in Health and Weight Loss
So the scales tell me that i'm exactly the same weight as 2 weeks ago, those that know me will recall my visit to Wales and a little splurge while there, however i'm seriously worried that i'm stuck at this weight, 212lbs i'm just a couple pounds off being able to be 14st something as opposed to 15st 1.5lbs, now this is my quandry, i have this nagging feeling that i've plateaued, as i've maintained my cals 1200-1400 daily (a little over each day for 3 days in Wales) and increased exercise....So what do I do now????:frown:

Replies

• are you taking in a lot of sodium? working out occasionally?
  • digby765
    digby765 Posts: 163
    Not too much sodium and i exercise daily :frown:
  • I hit a plateau very early in my diet and since I've 'upped' my water intake, anything from 1.5 to 2 litres a day, my weight is starting to come down again. I lose weight very very slowly but at least it's now going in the right direction. Good luck
  • I had a similar experience for about two weeks my weight did not change, and I was doing every thing right. Then all of a sudden I got on the scale and dropped 5 pounds on week three. Just keep doing what you are doing and don't give up. This really works. I have lost 43 pounds already.
  • Nenachaos
    Nenachaos Posts: 13
    I have found that upping my water intake helps as well but I have also found that if I increase my lean protein intake and eat more whole grains the weight shreds off pretty quickly. I also have a pretty intense workout regimen starting with low intensity yoga in the morning a 3.8 mile walk and jillian michaels yoga meltdown every pm. I also do the jillian michaels 30 day shred 3 times a week and zumba 2 times a week. I have lost 50llbs since november
  • vanilla81
    vanilla81 Posts: 37
    Hi there! I have the same issue... for the last 2 weeks i am exercising daily (recently around 50 minutes each day) am keeping an eye on my food but still, did not lose a gram... I guess after 1 month i shall step happily on the scale seeing great results! keep up the good work and be sure you'll see results in the near future. good luck!
  • LeeBeeW
    LeeBeeW Posts: 100
    I hit a plateau for about 6 months :(

I lost measurements but not numbers on the scales. I also upped my water and changed my fitness programme then the weight came off again.
    I hope it's not for too long, good luck.
  • blakjac6
    blakjac6 Posts: 41
    i hit a plateau at about 7 lbs lost, i couldn't lose weight for about a month until i switched my diet. I alternate low carb, low fat diets and now the weight is really coming off. i've lost 12 lbs now after i got over that obstacle. it's all about having a variety in ur diet. :)
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    I have hit a plateau, too -- I keep swapping pounds back and forth. I am planning to increase my water intake, and shake up my exercise by trying some new things. I have also heard where zig-zagging your calories might help (same number of calories per week, but you eat more on some days and less on others). I am thinking about trying this since it goes more with what my body wants -- I am hungry some days, and others, I can't fit all my calories in.

Also -- have you been taking other measurements? My scale has a body fat %, and I just learned how to use it. This morning I gained 1 1/2 pounds :frown: but ended up losing 2% body fat. I'm so glad I started checking.

Overall, just hang in there -- you can do it!
  • alison2429
    alison2429 Posts: 236 Member
    Sorry to hear you are stuck! If you were to share your diary we could have a closer look at what you're eating - why don't you consider that?? Extra water and different exercise will help. I mixed it up a bit and went swimming last week and I lost 3 lbs.

I am sure things will start moving soon.

Good luck and keep it up!

Alison
This discussion has been closed.