Can this slow down ur Metabolism???

chazspk
chazspk Posts: 159 Member
edited September 26 in Health and Weight Loss
I had my gallbladder removed last year i have not put on any weight since but im struggling to get rid of any..Does anyone know if getting my gallbladder removed could have slowed my metabolism down. I never really had problems before...:sad:

Replies

• mojo21
    mojo21 Posts: 2 Member
    Cholecystectomy - will it impede weight loss? Probably not. The function of your gallbladder is to secrete bile salts that emulsify (break down) fats into smaller globules and fatty acids, in order to help your body digest your dietary fats. Because you have had your gallbladder removed, your body will rely on the direct absorption of of your fats in another form (glycerol and diglycerides) because you still have other enzymes that help you digest fats, like lipase from your pancreas. I had a quick search on the Medline database for any articles that have shown weight gain or weight loss after your type of surgery, and did not find any.

You can speed up your metabolism by weight training and cardiovascular exercise. To lose weight usually requires 6 out of 7 days of exercise 30min-60min of exercise, but any little bit will help! Never stop trying, you won't regret it!
  • chazspk
    chazspk Posts: 159 Member
    Cholecystectomy - will it impede weight loss? Probably not. The function of your gallbladder is to secrete bile salts that emulsify (break down) fats into smaller globules and fatty acids, in order to help your body digest your dietary fats. Because you have had your gallbladder removed, your body will rely on the direct absorption of of your fats in another form (glycerol and diglycerides) because you still have other enzymes that help you digest fats, like lipase from your pancreas. I had a quick search on the Medline database for any articles that have shown weight gain or weight loss after your type of surgery, and did not find any.

Thank you ....I researched loads before and after myself and found nothing either and i know how it all worked but people tell u stupid things and it was really starting to annoy me... Thank you for confirming it ..
This discussion has been closed.