Anyone frustrated that nobody seems to be noticing.....

Options
I do not need to hear it all the time, but a comment about my success so far would be nice from family and friends once in a while! Does anyone else get a little frustrated that nobody close to you seems to notice your weightloss? Looking at pictures from several months ago, I see a big change in my face. ( I don't have pics of the rest of me for the most part because I hate my picture taken) I would think people like my husband and mom would at least notice that. They know how hard I am working on diet and exercise, too. Oh well, maybe when I reach my goal, they will notice.

Replies

• kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I think people are just a little jealous, so they don't mention your (our) success.

Way to go on your weight loss!!! Proud of ya.

Have a great weekend!
  • shadow3829
    shadow3829 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the people we see regularly really don't notice. Because it is a gradual change and isn't notice because they see us every day. It's the people that you don't see that will be able to the the difference.
  • slimrb2011
    slimrb2011 Posts: 122
    Options
    Thank you!! This site is WONDERFUL!!! I love all the support from the members. I also love to congratulate people on their loss because I know how hard they have worked for it! My MFP family is very supportive!! Love ya'll!!
  • lordofultima
    Options
    Shouldn't be frustrated, because you should be doing this for yourself. If you congratulate yourself on your weight loss and believe you look and feel better, then that's the only opinion you need concern yourself with. If you're doing it to turn other peoples heads, you probably have the wrong motivations.
  • BeastieGirl
    Options
    Hi,

Well done on your weight loss! Yes, I have noticed that some people are not too keen to celebrate your success and this has happened to me before when I've lost weight. It is frustrating because these are often the people who seemed to think it was acceptable to comment on my weight and appearance before I started losing.

I've only lost 7lbs so far, but I can see my body has changed a lot, and I didn't have much to lose in the first place, probably only another 14lbs to go, but it's still noticeable and means a lot to me.

Try not to let it get you down. After all, you are doing this for you and you are succeeding, without any help from them, so be proud of yourself and celebrate your success!

Good luck and stay proud!
  • jcm214
    jcm214 Posts: 157
    Options
    I definitely think the people that see us the most don't tend to notice as much because it is so gradual. I get most of the comments from people I don't see very often. I work in a high school and usually the people that comment are the parents of students that I don't see very often. Keep it up. I'm sure you are making great progress and look great!
  • kristyann86
    kristyann86 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    i can feel what you're going through. my problem's a bit different. family and friends are noticing. the boyfriend, however, hasn't said one word. i've lost 22 lbs. the comments i get from family and friends and coworkers are " you are looking so tiny" and what not. but all the boyfriend can say are jokes about my cankles when he says anything at all. pisses me off sooooo bad. it just makes me even more determined to blow him outta the water this summer when i bust out the bikini.

WE CAN DO IT!
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the people we see regularly really don't notice. Because it is a gradual change and isn't notice because they see us every day. It's the people that you don't see that will be able to the the difference.

couldn't agree more.
  • driskell938
    Options
    While weight is really important to us at this time, it is a non-issue to those that love us. Keep doing a great job for yourself and the day will come when you put on that "little black dress" and knock them off their feet. Well wishes and successful goals, Cynthia
  • kristarablue
    Options
    I understand your frustration. No one really noticed until I lost about 40 pounds and it was discouraging. But ultimately, you are losing weight to make you feel better and to gain confidence within yourself. Sometimes people are trepidacious to say anything because weight is such a sensitive issue. Make sure you take measurements and take pictures of your progress. This will help you to see how far you have come much more than the scale or someone giving you props. Stay with it, acknowledgement is great and it feels amazing, but what feels more amazing is to go down a size in clothes, having additional energy or just feeling great about yourself. The acknowledgment will come and let me tell you, your friends and family will be proud, but more importantly, you will be proud. Keep up the good work, you are a superstar!
  • slimrb2011
    slimrb2011 Posts: 122
    Options
    Thanks!! You are right, I am losing the weight for myself!! I am doing measurements every other week and noticing clothes fitting drifferently. I have been able to put on a few pairs of capris that I couldn't wear last year at this time, so I know I am making progress. You are all amazing!! Thanks for your stories!