Logging Vitamins?

Options
Martha_VH
Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
I have recently noticed that the vitamin C I take has calories. And so do many other brands of vitamin c.

Do you log your vitamins?

I will say that I have not, and I don't think I will. Probably because I just feel that its something healthy that my body needs. I think its silly to be over on calories because my vitamin was 30 calories.

Replies

• JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I log the ones that have the cals, carbs, and fat. Eg. fish oil, chewable C, and multi-vit
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I don't. I feel the amount of calories they add is negligible, just like spices, etc. The few calories they add aren't what made me fat.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I have recently noticed that the vitamin C I take has calories. And so do many other brands of vitamin c.

Do you log your vitamins?

I will say that I have not, and I don't think I will. Probably because I just feel that its something healthy that my body needs. I think its silly to be over on calories because my vitamin was 30 calories.
    My fish oil alone has 120 calories per Tablespoon with 14 g of fat, so it's significant. I tend to think of my vitamins and supplements as part of my food plan so yes I log them.
  • sschoolman
    sschoolman Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I log all of the vitamins I take whether or not they have calories because they influence the mfp nutrition totals.
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I log my Viactiv, just so I can make sure that I'm really meeting my calcium goals for the day. I don't log my other vitamins....
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I usually log mine but it's to keep a nutritional record, not about the calories. I'm glad I started doing it too because I quickly discovered that I was getting too much calcium with the supplements, which is a bad thing, so I had to change things around. I can also see when I'm low on magnesium and potassium, and that I typically get more than enough vit C and A from my diet and don't need to supplement there. Calories are only one part of the equation. It's good to watch out for your overall nutritional status too.
  • Martha_VH
    Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    See I really wish that we could track more then the 6 specific nutrients/ categories. I would really like to see how much unsaturated fat I am eating, as well as vitamin C, sugars, and iron but I can only pick 5 things to watch. Or if we could just see how much compared to the "recommended" amount.

I did log my multi today, although it doesn't really have calories.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    See I really wish that we could track more then the 6 specific nutrients/ categories. I would really like to see how much unsaturated fat I am eating, as well as vitamin C, sugars, and iron but I can only pick 5 things to watch. Or if we could just see how much compared to the "recommended" amount.

I did log my multi today, although it doesn't really have calories.
    I understand, I too wish we could have a few more columns to be able to track. :flowerforyou:
  • GypsyWagon
    GypsyWagon Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I haven't, yet. But, I've been thinking about it. If for no other reason that to help myself remember to take them.
  • eternlgladiator
    Options
    I log my vitamins because MFP tracks all my nutrients. even though I don't see them effect my food diary since I have other categories visible.