Peanut Butter Lovers?

Options
Hi, my name is Carl and I'm a Peanut Butter-Aholic! Seriously, If there was a 12 step program for PB I would need it! But, since starting MFP and being more conscious of my caloric intake, I have had to push the PB aside. (180 calories for 2 TbSp)

But, I came across the add for the powdered Peanut Butter (PB2) which is made here in Georgia by Bell Plantation (www.bellplantation.com).
I was skeptical, but bought some yesterday from a local shop and it was really good. You mix it with a little water and it gives the same consistency and taste as the store bought gut bombs, but without all the oil, sugar, fat and calories. 2 TbSp only has 45 calories!!

this is a quote from their website....

"PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter
It's what's not in PB2 that makes it so good for you. For starters, our special process removes 85% of the fat calories without the chemicals typically used in producing reduced fat foods. Something else you won't find in PB2 is preservatives. What you will find is natural roasted peanut flavor that's also available in a rich chocolate variety.......

Nutritional Info
PB2: Powdered Peanut Butter
Ingredients: Roasted peanuts, sugar and salt.
Serving size: 2 Tablespoons (12 grams)
Servings per container: 15
Amount per 2 Tablespoon serving (when mixed with water):
Calories: 45
Calories from fat: 13

Value and % Daily Value*

Total fat 1.5 g 3%
Saturated fat 0 g 0%
Trans fat < 0.01 g
Cholesterol < 0.01 mg 0%
Sodium 94 mg 4%
Total carbohydrate 5 g 2%
Dietary fiber 2 g 8%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 5 g
Vitamin A < 1%
Vitamin C 0%
Calcium <1%
Iron 0%

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.

Chocolate PB2
Ingredients: Roasted peanuts, cocoa powder, sugar and salt.
Serving size: 2 Tablespoons (12 grams)
Servings per container: 15
Amount per 2 Tablespoon serving (when mixed with water):
Calories: 45
Calories from fat: 10

Value and % Daily Value*

Total fat 1 g 1.5%
Saturated fat 0 g 0%
Trans fat <0.01 g
Cholesterol <0.01 mg 0%
Sodium 70 mg 3%
Total carbohydrate 6 g 2%
Dietary fiber 1 g 4%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A <1%
Vitamin C 0%
Calcium <1%
Iron 2%

Replies

• SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    PB addict here too. I heard that powdered PB is good, but me and Skippy are in a committed relationship! :laugh:
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Very interesting! I may have to chek into that. If you like it, it must be very close to the real thing. LOL

Thanks for sharing!
  • JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I like PB too. Ever tried nutella? It's more like chocolate, but same consistency as pb. Healthier too.
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    I like PB too. Ever tried nutella? It's more like chocolate, but same consistency as pb. Healthier too.
    I never have looked at Nutella..... I always pushed it out of the way for Peter Pan! I may have to give it a shot though.
  • elyckrd
    elyckrd Posts: 3
    Options
    We grind our own at Sunflower Market. Fresh, organic, no added sugar or nothin'. I think you can do the same at Whole Foods and Vitamin Cottage.
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Options
    PB addict here too. I heard that powdered PB is good, but me and Skippy are in a committed relationship! :laugh:
    LOL I completely understand!
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    I never have looked at Nutella..... I always pushed it out of the way for Peter Pan! I may have to give it a shot though.

Oh wow, it is soooo good. I would suggest not trying it, it is very addictive. And, it's actually not healthier than peanut butter, People just think it is. It's about the same, but chocolate.
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Options
    We grind our own at Sunflower Market. Fresh, organic, no added sugar or nothin'. I think you can do the same at Whole Foods and Vitamin Cottage.
    Another good suggestion, will check that too! I didnt know Vitamin Cottage did that!
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who is a beachbody coach and she absolutely swears by PB2, can't say enough good stuff about it. Nutella is good but just not the same.
  • JAG1224
    JAG1224 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    i've been seeing a lot of people talk about pb2 and i think today i will have to join in and see what it's about. did you buy it at a specialty store? i'm excited to try it!!! :)
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I just eat peanut butter with no added sugar or salt. There's a brand called Whole Earth here in the UK and it is truly amazing. It's the best peanut butter I've ever had. Also, Nutella is definitely not healthier than peanut butter. Firstly, peanuts have more protein than other nuts and secondly, I have the Whole Earth version of Nutella and while it's deeeelicous, the first ingredient listed is sugar.
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Options
    i've been seeing a lot of people talk about pb2 and i think today i will have to join in and see what it's about. did you buy it at a specialty store? i'm excited to try it!!! :)
    I did. When you go to their website, there is a place where you can either order online or click a search and find stores in your area that sell it. They say its available at over 300 stores nationwide so good chance you can find it. I was about to find a store about 15 minutes from my home.
  • Meggymud
    Meggymud Posts: 4
    Options
    I discovered it too about 2 weeks ago. New favorite peanut butter! I love that I can mix a little more water with it and add in some homemade granola to make my own peanut butter bars! I tasted the Chocolate PB2, and it's like eatinng the peanut butter in a Reese's! So good. I live in Dallas so I can go to Sugarless Delite, but they have a great website too, where you can order all kinds of items. :smile:
  • kmreynolds11
    kmreynolds11 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    About 2 weeks ago there was someone on MFP who wrote a post in the "Recipe" section for mixing PB with greek yogurt to help satisfy us PB addicts without so many calories. Sorry I can't pull the exact post... but you might be able to search for it? I definitely want to go back and check it out and try it!
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Guilty as charged!
    Haven't tried PB2 yet but curious about it. I buy a brand Naturally More. It's a natural PB with no added sugar and slightly less fat the traditional PB. It also has flaxseed and omega 3's in it. I've come to love this way more than my traditional Jif!

Oh and Nutella is awesome too!
  • capricorn144
    capricorn144 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    WHOA! they sell it in a store 7 miles from me!
    thanks so much for posting this
    I LOVE PB!

who knew?! :love:
  • flowergirl2011
    Options
    OH. MY. GOODNESS. My FAVORITE food is peanut butter! I just have to eat a little bit every once in a while, like with apples or something.
  • AnnieeR
    AnnieeR Posts: 229
    Options
    Hmm, I just eat peanut butter with no added sugar or salt. There's a brand called Whole Earth here in the UK and it is truly amazing. It's the best peanut butter I've ever had.

Could not agree more!!! I'm an American now living permanently in the UK and one of the first things I noticed after living here a while and going back for a visit was how loaded with sugar everything is in the US. I never noticed it until I was away from it, but when you stop eating Skippy, etc. and start eating natural versions it will SHOCK you to go back. We were visiting my mom once and my husband (a Brit) tried some Skippy and could not believe how sweet it is. I'd say invest the time and effort into getting used to natural peanut butter. In that form it's pretty good for you!
  • livingfitwithlori
    livingfitwithlori Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Now that I see so many people speaking highly of it, I will have to give it a shot. I tried Better n' Peanut Butter last night, and it definitely WAS false advertising..yuck.
  • jilld76
    jilld76 Posts: 324
    Options
    I love PB, I'm going to have to check this stuff out!