Plateaus, Plateaus.........drats!

Options
Good morning! Please share some your tricks for breaking through the plateaus. I don't want to become frustrated when I get stuck. It'll be a lot more fun to think, "oh no you don't, scale. I've got a little bag of tricks in my pocket." Thanks fellow MFP friends!

Replies

• mamacremers
    mamacremers Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    this may not be a good way, but this is how i did it. take a week off and just maintain. shock your body.
  • Lana_brey
    Options
    i took a few days off of dieting and exsercise and then i felt little guilty then started working out again it sort gave me a kick start :) worth a try good luck. x
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I cant bring myself to take a week off, but i would like tips as well... anyone??
  • Nkauj_Lis
    Nkauj_Lis Posts: 70
    Options
    What works for me is spike my food intake calories to almost 2500 calories one or two days out of the week and no exercising, 1 day eat only 600 calories and exercise then the other days I eat around 1000 calories.

Do this for only 1 week then back to your same schedule. This works for me everytime I plateau.
  • Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Changing up your routine in general will help you shock your body off your Plateau, I think after a while your body gets so used to something it starts to cop with it. - Changing your routine of some kind (diet/exercise) moves it back into 5th gear ^^

Best of luck!

I'm not looking forward to my first plateau but hopefully I can beat it before it beats me ^^
  • wyomingmama
    wyomingmama Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I think it is best to change it up! Your body gets use to the same thing and does go flat. If you always run, then swim or bike. The work out is new and challenging to your body and it will respond! Also make sure to measure your waiste and hips. Sometimes the scale does not show the progress like a tape measure will! For me I try to remember to log EVERY Cal. I also don't use all of my "bonus" cals from working out! I feel like it helps me get that extra push. Hey I'm 2.8 pounds away from my 122 goal... it has worked for me! Good Luck!
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I'm saying this, but...don't exercise for a few days and eat a little more. I was working out 5-6 days a week and eating right and was stuck for three weeks. I skipped a couple days and ate about 250 more calories and boom! No more plateau. I plan to do this every few weeks to keep the losses going. Good luck!