not new but looking for motivation.... i think im an addict!

Options
this is harder then I thought....I really thought when I made the choice to lose weight I would just lose weight but I think Im finding out it was even more important then I thought... I think I have realized how lazy I have become and how much better I feel when I get off my butt and do something and eat right. I have also realized that I really think I am an addict... I think about food all the time and I am getting to the point where I am tring to avoid all temptation because I dont know that I will have the will power to say no. It is as easy as just not putting it in your mouth!!! But it is sooo hard for me. I really did not realize that I have a problem until I started this. I have also learned that my weight has affected my marriage... My husband is wonderful and would love me no matter what but since I started he has made a few little comments that made me think wow he has thought about my weight way more then I did.... Well here goes another week!
Just looking for other friends that feel this way and people that have some good motivation!!! I need it
nothing tastes as good as skinny feels right??

Replies

• greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    It really isn't easy, you will hit a few bumps on the road but if you are determined to get healthy you will see improvements. Add me if you like
  • Charli666
    Charli666 Posts: 407
    Options
    * nothing tastes as good as healthy feels*

you've made a massive leap realising all of the above, you can and will suceed just get as much support as you can from everyone here, you can so do this! take each hour at a time, and remember that if you love your body you will want to do the right thing for it.

Good luck
  • Lana_brey
    Options
    hey chick, your not alone there i think about food constantly its annoying but i have put it forward into trying new foods and new recipies, be a little adventurous with what you are doing. i found im now starting to think about planning meals instead.

in terms of bad food. dont think of it like that just simply accept that you have eaten it and move on no use punnishing yourself!
    and have a treats dont just cut crap out your life you will just crave it like mad!

dont loose your motivation you CAN and WILL get there just keep your eyes focused on what you want.

chin up chick you can do it

xxx
  • betterlife2011
    Options
    I know exactly how u feel I have had a set back in the last weigh in i gained four pounds back that i lost. I know what u mean by husbands little remarks that makes u think alittle about how they really feel. if u want u can add me and we can motivate each other everyday. i know from experience that eatting the right things and exercising will help u get healthier and fit i done it about six years ago but gained it all back now that i found this web site i am being accountable for what i put in my mouth and when i get off my butt and move every little thing helps like cleaning the house parking further down to get to the store. Together we can do this there is power in numbers. hope to talk to u soon Good luck
  • cszammit
    cszammit Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi I really understand you. My husband never mentions anything until I say or do something. At the moment I am determined to change for me and for my family. I have a 2 year old son and would like to play and run after him in the next few years. I have relised that if I get heavier I won't be able, seeing other mothers in playing fields ....

Good luck to you all!!! we're in this together
  • AmysNewBeginning
    AmysNewBeginning Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way, love food!!!!!!!!!! We all do right, that's how most of us got here....good for you for admitting this and wanting to better yourself.....

This site is amazing, I just started yesterday and feel great!!!!!!!!! You're not alone!!!!!!!! You can add me as a friend and I will help support you!!!!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!
  • MrsFarrow
    MrsFarrow Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Maybe he is just concerned about your health? I've been known to complain about my weight but not really follow through (until now!) and he's always the first to say that he loves me for who I am (he oddly enough likes the few extra pounds, silly husband!) but he also knows my family history and says he wants me to be healthy. Hopefully that's it!!

I completely understand the addiction. I tend to have issues with addiction, and food is no exception. People on here have really helped, versus the other paid sites. I had done WW and lost weight, but since I didn't have time to go to meetings, I did online. I'll tell you, I have never "met" a more miserable group of women in my life. Just nasty people. So I came here. Complete opposite. Never read a nasty comment on here. That's what has helped me. And proving to myself that I can do it. You can do this. It's not easy, but it's well worth it! We have faith in you!